Playlists as Tab?

General discussions
demonboy

Playlists as Tab?

Post by demonboy »

Under the My Music tab there are four different little buttons to choose how to view the library. One of these is Playlists. Would it be possible to have Playlists as its own tab? This would make my Playlists one click closer. Indeed, it would be nice to be able to choose to have any of my playlists as a tab across the top. Perhaps when viewing the list of playlists you could right-click a playlist and select an option 'Add to Tabs'. The current instruction manual shows Playlists as a tab but I'm unsure if this is an earlier version or not.
anonbeat

Playlists as Tab?

Post by anonbeat »

demonboy wrote:Under the My Music tab there are four different little buttons to choose how to view the library. One of these is Playlists. Would it be possible to have Playlists as its own tab? This would make my Playlists one click closer. Indeed, it would be nice to be able to choose to have any of my playlists as a tab across the top. Perhaps when viewing the list of playlists you could right-click a playlist and select an option 'Add to Tabs'. The current instruction manual shows Playlists as a tab but I'm unsure if this is an earlier version or not.
Yes this is from when guayadeque only handled one collection but to make the management more easy I decided to unify the views in one window so its one window for collection which makes things more easy and clear
demonboy

Playlists as Tab?

Post by demonboy »

So would it be possible to display two different tabs of (the same) collections, where tab one defaulted to the Library view and tab2 defaulted to the playlist view?
anonbeat

Playlists as Tab?

Post by anonbeat »

No. And I think that will make managing more difficult as you will not know easily which one you are working on.
demonboy

Playlists as Tab?

Post by demonboy »

OK, that second suggestion was just a work-around to my original query. If I could right-click a playlist to add it as a tab that would make navigation quicker. I often have a 'working' playlist which I frequently add tracks to. Being able to get to that in one click is far quicker than loading up My Library, clicking the little Playlists button, waiting for that to load, then scrolling through a list of playlists in order to find the one I'm after. This current set-up is relegating playlists to the background yet I'm sure a lot of users access their library primarily through playlists, or at least want to view their playlist frequently.
anonbeat

Playlists as Tab?

Post by anonbeat »

Once you select a playlist in the playlist view if you click back to the library view with just a click over the playlist button will see the playlist view as you left it with the selected playlist you left.

To add tracks to a playlist you dont need to have the playlist open or selected. Just right click on the selection and use the 'save tracks to playlist' option
You can use this option to create new playlists or to add to a existing one.
demonboy

Playlists as Tab?

Post by demonboy »

OK, that makes it one click closer, but it still puts the playlist somewhere behind My Library. My argument is that a playlist should have as much preference as the library itself.

I should add that my partner and I are not as young as some of your other users and those four little buttons are very small. I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but as I've got older, the ability to increase font and button sizes goes up on my list of priorities. This is another reason for being able to create a new tab with the playlist in it and it's also a reason for my arguing the ability to change the size of the control buttons too. Yours are certainly a lot bigger than many audio players, I'll give you that, but those little buttons are too little. If they were insiginificant buttons that you only click once every month or so, that's fine, but these buttons are of major significance and should be more accessible.

Bear in mind I am nitpicking an otherwise superb media player; I have already given this 5 stars in UMC. I am just giving you my feedback as a new user.
anonbeat

Playlists as Tab?

Post by anonbeat »

One feature I would love to implement some day is some kind of skin support. With that functionality the customization you are requesting can be possible as you should be able to select which icons and colors.
tamalet

Playlists as Tab?

Post by tamalet »

@anonbeat That great to hear, I just wrote about having some kind of skinning.
@demonboy For the small-view-buttons problem, do you think that having shortcuts (say alt-1, alt-2, etc) would help?
demonboy

Playlists as Tab?

Post by demonboy »

Hi tamalet - unfortunately that doesn't really work for me. My installation is on another computer that sits out the way (i.e. not in front of me) with a large monitor. Although I have a wireless keyboard for it, 99% of the tasks are only performed by mouse.