Editing ID3 Tags + Moving The Control Window

General discussions
demonboy

Post by demonboy »

Hope you don't mind me posting two issues up in one post, I'm hoping there is a simple answer to them both.

1. Editing ID3 Tags
When in File Browser tab the only columns on display are Name | Size | Modified. These are useless for management. Much more useful would be the ID3 columns on display. Then I could simply highlight the tracks and change the one column to do a blanket change to the genre tag, for example. When in My Music tab I can highlight the tracks and then right-click to Edit Tracks, but then I can only change the tag of each track singularly. If I am changing 50 tracks to the same genre, I want to be able to change them in one go, not go through them individually. Finally, I notice when clicking in the genre field it inputs a space at the beginning, so instead of tagging my genre "classical, romantic" it labeled it " classical, romantic", therefore creating a new genre.

2. Move Control
In this screen shot - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52044785/layout2.jpg - the control to the player is at the bottom on its own horizontal window. How do I do that? Also, is there a way of increasing the size of these buttons?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

1.- Use the copy buttons that copy the content of the current edit field to all the other files.
1.1.- Can you explain me more about the space ? I dont understand what you said.
2.- You can drag the windows inside guayadeque to whatever you want. See this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12d17H3jfcE

You should read the manual. Its not complete and most part is outdated with current svn versions but most basic stuff is explained.

Thanks for your help
demonboy

Post by demonboy »

Thanks for the reply. I was aware that I could drag the windows, and I have done this with some of the windows but I can't seem to drag the control window anywhere. I have found the section on customising the layout but it says nothing about moving the control window to the bottom. Where do I put my cursor to drag the window? I have tried every position in the control area to drag it, all without any success. I couldn't see the video, there's just a blank space. What should I have installed to see it?

Regarding the space when copying in the genre field, this is now redundant since using the copy buttons, which work a treat.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Do you have captions visible ? check in view menu
camaron

Post by camaron »

The space in the Genre field is one of those tiny bugs that I've been wanting to report for ages. The problem is that it seems kind of random and of little consecuence. As demonboy says, if you click on the Genre field very often (but not always) the cursor will leave an empty one-letter space at the begining.
demonboy

Post by demonboy »

@anonbeat - a minor bug perhaps. I DID have captions visible ticked but on a whim I disabled them and then re-enabled them and the grab bar for the controls appeared. It was not there before, even though all the other grab bars for the other windows were. What I'm saying is upon installation all grab bars for the windows are visible except the control window. De-activating them and re-activating them brings makes the grab bar for the control window visible.

Next, the control window includes the 'now playing' track info, but in the screenshot I mention in my OP the controls are on their own, which is what I would like. How do I get rid of that 'now playing' track info that comes with it? I already have that information in my separate Now Playing (playlist) window so I don't need it next to my controls as well.

BTW - the video has now appeared. This could be my slow connection.

@ camaron - thanks for confirming this.
camaron

Post by camaron »

In fact, although I said it is of little consecuence I should add that it is in fact very annoying.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

demonboy wrote:@anonbeat - a minor bug perhaps. I DID have captions visible ticked but on a whim I disabled them and then re-enabled them and the grab bar for the controls appeared. It was not there before, even though all the other grab bars for the other windows were. What I'm saying is upon installation all grab bars for the windows are visible except the control window. De-activating them and re-activating them brings makes the grab bar for the control window visible.

Next, the control window includes the 'now playing' track info, but in the screenshot I mention in my OP the controls are on their own, which is what I would like. How do I get rid of that 'now playing' track info that comes with it? I already have that information in my separate Now Playing (playlist) window so I don't need it next to my controls as well.

BTW - the video has now appeared. This could be my slow connection.

@ camaron - thanks for confirming this.
In that screen shot the controls are not in their own. The rest are not visible because its hidden outside the window.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

camaron wrote:The space in the Genre field is one of those tiny bugs that I've been wanting to report for ages. The problem is that it seems kind of random and of little consecuence. As demonboy says, if you click on the Genre field very often (but not always) the cursor will leave an empty one-letter space at the begining.
I cant reproduce the problem. Can you give me instructions on how to do it please ?
camaron

Post by camaron »

I'll look at it when I get home later on today. But really, there is nothing particular. Try to tag a few of your albums with Composer and you should see it.