funny static playlist bug....

General discussions
camaron

Post by camaron »

This only happens with one of my static playlists. When I re-order it with any of the filters available (title, etc) all the tracks are doubled up. See screenshot:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0yzPh ... VkZTI1ZTVk.

As I said, only happens with this one in particular. I've tried with others and nothing, so you might not be able to reproduce problem...

Link to download exported playlist in case is any use to you

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0yzPh ... Y5ZDYzNzYy

Thank you
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you send me this collection database please ?

Thanks for your help
camaron

Post by camaron »

It is on the way
mobimation

Post by mobimation »

I am happy the duplication is not a feature.
Any fix available or a hint where to change the code ?
I run 0.3.5 on Ubuntu 11
mobimation

Post by mobimation »

I took a look at it now and was able to shoehorn the source into Eclipse for some debug printout testing. I see in file "PlayList.cpp", method guPlayList::OnDropTracks() the same code is used both when dragging songs from the song catalog into the playlist as when dragging a song from the playlist to another position in the playlist. In the current code in both cases the drop copies the dragged source to the drop position, leaving the source in place. In case of local playlist drag the intended action is to rearrange entries by dragging them to a new position where entries at the original position shall be removed from the playlist. So when the drag begins the source needs to be memorized so that different behaviour can occur in case of a local drag/drop within the playlist. I will see if I manage to fix it, else this may serve as a hint to the Guayadeque team.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

A code contributor, nice!!
camaron

Post by camaron »

That sounds great mate!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

@camaron: I cant see the linked documents

@Mobimation: The playlist panel code is at PlaylistPanel.cpp the file Playlist.cpp is the Now playing playlist.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

@camaron: Checking with your database looks like you have the tracks duplicated. Probably by other error importing the playlist. Maybe the playlist was moved and loaded from a different location duplicating the tracks? I dont know exactly but if you reimporte the playlist the problem should be gone.
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:@camaron: I cant see the linked documents
Sorry anonbeat, I thought you had taken care of them and deleted them.

As for the playlist itself: I didn't import it, I just saved available tracks to the playlist. Unfortunately I deleted the playlist as well as it was just a temporal thing to share music with someone so can't reproduce the problem again.
I do remember though that the double tracks only appeared when I reordered the playlist.