Update on Ubuntu 11.10

General discussions
pranavict

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by pranavict »

Will guayadeque fully support the gtk3 ?? The version I have currently installed in ubuntu 11.10 is 0.3.1-1639. The player appears to be fully functional but the graphics are not very good. If I try the player in gnome shell, then the icon in the panel is really weired..
Waiting for the nice looking release...
anonbeat

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by anonbeat »

@pranavict: guayadeque uses wxWidgets as framework for now. Im not sure if it will be ported to support gtk3.
I want to port guayadeque to osx. If in the process there are many problems with wxWidgets in osx I will consider to go to qt.
Thanks for your help
bulletmark

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by bulletmark »

I am using the ubuntu 11.10 repo version 0.3.1~dfsg0-1 fine on ubuntu 11.10 under gnome-shell. In fact, guayadeque integrates beautifully into the sound menu if you install gnome-shell-extensions-mediaplayer from the gnome3 webupd8 ppa.
pranavict

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by pranavict »

Also, in the same version installed in ubuntu 11.10, I don't have keyboard multimedia keys support.
The thing is if I start rhythmbox at the same time and keep it running in the background, then guayadeque starts responding to the multimedia keys. Anyone has a better solution for this?

##EDIT##
Ok, I found some discussion about the multimedia keys at 'http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... untu-11.10'
But, can anyone tell me how to install the guayadeque-svn? I just have the guayadeque installed from the ubuntu software center. I thought the old ppa won't work in ubuntu 11.10
anonbeat

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by anonbeat »

This is the guide to install the svn version

http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... InstallSVN

Thanks for your help
pranavict

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by pranavict »

Thanks for the guide. Now I have installed guayadeque 0.3.4-1674. And now the multimedia keys do work (without rhythmbox running in the background) But, now I have one more question: Will this svn version be updated automatically? If not, how do I update?
anonbeat

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by anonbeat »

pranavict wrote:Thanks for the guide. Now I have installed guayadeque 0.3.4-1674. And now the multimedia keys do work (without rhythmbox running in the background) But, now I have one more question: Will this svn version be updated automatically? If not, how do I update?
It will not update automatically. You need to update it manually. Its explained in the guide I posted. Its almost at the end of the SVN section.

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by tamalet »

To update it just do svn up from the guayadeque directory, then build it and install it again as you did before.
pranavict

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by pranavict »

Thanks tamalet...
I have one more issue though....My player works fine...But the icon in my gnome-shell bottom tray (the one which autohides itself....) is not transperent....Instead of transperent, I should say it has a black background....I know that it is possible to get a goodlooking icon there because i had a good looking icon there in my previous installation of ubuntu 11.10...Now, since I reinstalled, I can't seem to get that issue fixed....
DonkeyKong

Update on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by DonkeyKong »

The release of Oneiric was several months ago ans there is still no working stable release of guayadeque. Until now I have been using 0.3.1-natty2 from the ppa because at the time of the release the version in the Ubuntu repos did not run. I just gave it another try and installed the version from the repos (0.3.1~dfsg0-1) and it still fails to start.
The only oneiric version in the ppa is the unstable svn version which I am not willing to use on my productive machine. I have been running it on my laptop and from time to time encountered problems which I think are caused by using bleeding edge software…
Will there be a stable release that is usable in oneiric or do I have to stick with the natty version till the release of Ubuntu 12.04?
Btw: I am running 64-bit Ubuntu and the version from the repos fails to start with the following error:

17:28:11: Initialized locale ( de_DE )
17:28:11: Library Db Version 21
*** glibc detected *** guayadeque: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00000000013a0ac0 ***

Backtrace: http://pastebin.com/9nRkQ2Ar