tamalet

Ubuntu sound/volume indicator

Post by tamalet »

Right, that song had an embedded cover.
camaron

Post by camaron »

More issues:

the option to minimise to tray icon has disappeared from preferences.

1- I can launch guayadeque from the sound menu.
2- My preference is start minimized. If I click on the guayadeque in the Sound Menu it doesn't appear on screen, so I have to do this from the panel.
3-I can't close Guayadeque from the close/minimize/maximize buttons. I have to go to library> quit.

My set up is a bit particular: I use the global menus and dockbarx.
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Hi Anon, after building guayadeque with sound indicator support, panflute can't launch and control guayadeque anymore...

Another thing is that icon in notification area is no more present... I think this is logic... but all the fast access to "next album" and other function are lost...
tiliqua

Post by tiliqua »

camaron wrote:More issues:

the option to minimise to tray icon has disappeared from preferences.

1- I can launch guayadeque from the sound menu.
2- My preference is start minimized. If I click on the guayadeque in the Sound Menu it doesn't appear on screen, so I have to do this from the panel.
3-I can't close Guayadeque from the close/minimize/maximize buttons. I have to go to library> quit.

My set up is a bit particular: I use the global menus and dockbarx.
I have the same setup and the same issues.

Apologies if this thread is the wrong place to raise this, but I also notice that in r1402 when I play a song that has an ampersand in the "artist" field, dockbarx shows '
camaron

Post by camaron »

I have updated the documentation to include libindicate-dev as a dependency when installing svn
camaron

Post by camaron »

tiliqua wrote: I also notice that in r1402 when I play a song that has an ampersand in the "artist" field, dockbarx shows 'span foreground="etc...' as the window title. This doesn't happen with guayadeque-svn from the PPA (1393). I ran xprop and couldn't see any difference in the output between 1393 and 1402.
I can confirm that
DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Thank you! Really works great.

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but after upgrading the conkyguayadeque script doesn't work anymore. The only output is "unknown".
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu#Artwo ... quirements

A compliant player should also keep playing if you close its window while it is playing; exit if you close its window while it is not playing;

If guayadeque window disapears to see it again click in the guayadeque entry in the sound menu.
Also its needed to remove the task bar icon and dont makes sense to have preferences about it if its not going to be used.

Anyway I kept the quit command so you can force close it.
mekanix wrote:Hi Anon, after building guayadeque with sound indicator support, panflute can't launch and control guayadeque anymore...

Another thing is that icon in notification area is no more present... I think this is logic... but all the fast access to "next album" and other function are lost...
Skip next, prev and pause/play is now from sound menu.

I forgot to reenable mpris v1 support. I removed it to debug more easy all dbus functionality and forgot to add it submit the changes.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

DonkeyKong wrote:Thank you! Really works great.

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but after upgrading the conkyguayadeque script doesn't work anymore. The only output is "unknown".
This should be fixed in svn 1403. By error I disabled the mpris support

Thanks for your help
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu#Artwo ... quirements

A compliant player should also keep playing if you close its window while it is playing; exit if you close its window while it is not playing;

If guayadeque window disapears to see it again click in the guayadeque entry in the sound menu.
Also its needed to remove the task bar icon and dont makes sense to have preferences about it if its not going to be used.
I see. Well I'm not impress with the thing then: you can open the player from the soundmenu but you can't close it from it. You can call guayadeque on screen from it but can't minimise it from it. I find all this very inconsistent. I would have thought that the point of the soundmenu was to be able to open/close minimise/maximise the player without having to go to the player.

I know this is nothing to do with you anon, no worries :) but it makes me wonder/worry how Canonical are going about the whole concept of desktop interaction....