Guayadeque and IRC Chat support

General discussions
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

We are implementing some SEO (search engine optimization) in the near future. And the core application will link to official documentation and support paths.

Support will be obtained from Guayadeque.org, this is a logical decision that will serve the community well. It seems that your concerned with the wikidot website from a personal level. Your more than welcome to contribute to the new website, code contribution, bug tracking, blog posts, etc etc.
Garthhh

Post by Garthhh »

nothing personal
such an accusation is a typical tactic in these kinds of discussions
I'm just a user, I'm going to use the tools & applications that are the easiest & work the best

I contribute in a different places like here, a few comments on the wiki, couple of ideas on the torrent, the occasional post on the ubun thread

why reinvent the wheel?
the content on the wiki is under a CC license the only restriction is attribution

while this may be the "official" site
the wiki looks more professional

from the user side this site doesn't work as well or look as visually appealing

using the best available resources is what serves the community
logic anyone?
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

I'd be willing to hang around in the IRC channel as I'm on IRC most of the time anyway. I'll be available for sane hours in the GMT +2 zone.
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

Thanks Snooze. anon and myself have been in the irc room pretty often also. :)
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

@Garth
we appreciate your thoughts and ideas, but they have become destructive in nature. The software that runs this website is FOSS, its consistently being developed just like GDQ. Many updates are coming to the site in the near future. If you would like to move information to the wiki on guayadeque.org, i can set your permissions up, if not, thanks anyways.

The official support channel for guayadeque, is LOGICALLY at guayadeque.org. This has been discussed by anon.

No one is saying you cant continue your side project, we merely informed the community of the new website and official support. If you truly wanted to contribute to the community, then supporting the official channel would be a good place to start. We have lots of things to do in order to provide an outstanding application.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

Came to check the site out. Looking for info.
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

@Sector11
hey, welcome to the site. What type of information are you looking for?
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

Well since seeing Guayadeque mentioned on the Ubuntu forums I thought I'd check it out. Going through this site is a 30 second activity, there is nothing here. Then seeing this discussion I definitely want to back off.

A few posts above I see where you are inviting a user, Garthhh, to copy the info from VastOne's wiki and put it here. I'm a member there as I picked saw it on his sig. Sounds like you're looking for someone to do your dirty work for you.

My understanding is that VastOne wrote the documentation for it but I see NO documentation here, nor do I see him listed as a team member. Where is the "documentation" or do I need to install it to get at the man pages?

The Documentation Page lists 11 "features" and the Features Page lists 22 and of the 11 on the Doc page some don't appear on the Features page. Most confusing.

I have no idea why this site doesn't link to the wiki, it's a source of free advertising for Guayadeque, and it shows that VastOne is enthusiastic about the program. BUT ... doesn't look like that's going to happen. Too bad too, he helped get G-Gue off the ground and created a support site and you alienated him.

I think, that's enough for me too then. I'll use Guayadeque, but I will write no more on the subject. You don't want open discussion, free thinking or initative and imagination, you want "Yes men", I'm not one of those.
Garthhh

Post by Garthhh »

Fair enough @ Big Thinker,
you're confused about the nature of truly open collaboration in the real world & are welcome to your own opinion, but not your own facts....

Actually there hasn't been much of an announcement, regarding this site
I don't see so much as a link on Juan's signature line [nor any sign of your involvement] over on the Ubun forum
The wiki is not my project, I personally added a link [on my ubun forum signature] to the places I find to have relevant content, the wiki & the idea torrent. This could easily change as conditions here change.

You may be able to make this the place for content.
Juan did mention on the Ubun thread that he would like this forum to be the primary support channel, but that is a long way off. The procedure to bring that about is not unknown.

the traffic will follow the content. Foss is very much like the free market, there is no way to dictate a successful outcome.
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

off topic, sorry to say but im closing the discussion.