Crossfading Bug

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
Johanna

Crossfading Bug

Post by Johanna »

short: by using the Cross fading feature it always cuts (not fades) the last 4 seconds of the song, no matter what values i use.

long:
Hi, I love the cross fading feature, especially that it fades the song when i press the stop button. This is just great (I always hated to stop my music that hard)! Thank You for that possibility! The only annoying thing with the cross fading in my case (Xubuntu 13.10 Guayadeque 0.3.5-) is, it fades to early and cuts of about 4 seconds. So it does fade, but it pretends the song (before starting the next one) is about 4 seconds shorter than it really is. So with cross fading enabled there is no way to listen to the last 4 seconds of a song, no matter which options/values i use in the preferences (even e.g. with Fade-In-Start on 1,1).

Any help on this?

Thanks a lot (and for the great "stop=fading"-feature ;-),
Johanna

P.S. It's not very friendly forcing people to register just as man/woman for this board. See e.g.:
http://www.sarahdopp.com/blog/2008/gend ... own-menus/ or
https://www.allout.org/en/actions/facebook - Thanks for concerning...
Johanna

Crossfading Bug

Post by Johanna »

Hmm, no help on this? :-/
anonbeat

Crossfading Bug

Post by anonbeat »

Im sorry for the late response. Gstreamer reports incorrectly the length for variable bitrates tracks. This is why guayadeque remove just a few seconds of the track at the end to be sure the crossfading ends correctly and the track dont ends suddenly.
Johanna

Crossfading Bug

Post by Johanna »

Thanks for the explanation! That's very nice of You!
I would prefer a sudden end in the rare cases of variable bitrates tracks instead of missing the last seconds of every file. Is there an option I can switch for this?
Thank You again for Your help and the great program anyway!