Add resident notifications with actions for Gnome 3.6 compat

l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

This functionality probably has uses under other GUIs as well but in my case I'm requesting these features so you can control the playback of guayadeque from the lock screen i.e gdm 3.6

Basically the only thing I see with this ability is rhythmbox but I have confirmed with gnome devs that it should not be very hard to implement this in Guaya. This is what I was told on irc:

"there's a way to make a resident notification, and a way to add actions to notifications"

So with that info I googled on resident notifications and came up with these results, the first one describes a patch and how to talk to libnotify I guess?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nuvola-player/+bug/968619

These next two might not be of much help but seemed similar, but the one above should be enough to implement resident notifications and actions from what I read. The last one here gives a good example of how rhythmbox does it in the tray, but not the lockscreen though.

https://github.com/tanwald/gnome-shell- ... /issues/12
http://blogs.gnome.org/marina/tag/gnome-shell/
bmbaker

Post by bmbaker »

this would be a great thing to have :-)
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Any info on this at all? Rhythmbox is finally working again but it doesn't offer many of the features of guaya...
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Bump
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Just wondering if this has been looked over at all. Guayadeque still has the potential to become the best of the best, regardless of porting to qt or not, media players in *nix are lacking many features and better integration with more popular desktops is key imo.

At any rate, I am hopeful this can be achieved somehow.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I would love to do it but I have a problem with time. I dont have much time to spend in this player and add a feature for a desktop I dont use is not the priority. I want to stabilize guayadeque with the current features before the next release.
galanga

Post by galanga »

I do not know if this can be covered by the "add actions to notifications" part, but it would be nice to be able to pause/play with middle button on the guayadeque icon in linux taskbar, with a change of the icon to reflect current playing status, like it is possible (with adequate extensions) on winamp or foobar.