how rip audio cd's with guay

General discussions
foxtrot

Re: how rip audio cd's with guay

Post by foxtrot »

...and a new, completely different problem appears: as soon as I click the "stop" button, it won't play anything anymore. The time counter runs, but no sound...
foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

After a long break I wanted to try another CD. Now Guay freezes when there is a CD in the drive. I tried several variants, first CD, first Guay, always the same. Guay works as long as there is no CD in the drive, and I can play titles from the CD with other programs.
Please help!
foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

just after writing this post I switched back to Guay and it was unfrozen, showing the tracks of the CD (which I had removed before). So another try: I put th CD in the drive, the file browser offers me to start Guay from there, which I do. At the moment it sounds like the drive tries to saw through the CD... and Guay shows "load tracks, please wait"
...the system asks me if I want to end (or stop?) Guay now or wait...
...the sawing is over, the drive revs down, I try to switch to CD in Guay, the system asks me again, I terminate Guay

A different way to start Guay, just from the task bar - no sawing, just the drive revving up
Trying to switch to Audio CD - the system asks...

Another try, doing nothing until the drive stops, switching to Guay - the system asks...

Opening the drive, starting Guay, switching to CD and then closing the drive... it revs up, nothing happens in Guay. How did I get the track list before?

And why doesn't it work anymore? That wasn't a problem before!
foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

no answer for a long time... anybody there? Anything wrong?