How to Make Editing Changes Permanent?

General discussions
vintasonic

How to Make Editing Changes Permanent?

Post by vintasonic »

Hi

All my music is stored another server and occasionally on a reboot the server doesn't connect. When that happens Guyadeque requires a re-scan and all the changes I have made to the tags/songs are reverted to some original data base.

How can I can I make the edits permanent? Is there another tag editor that would allow me to make the changes stick?

Thanks
anonbeat

Re: How to Make Editing Changes Permanent?

Post by anonbeat »

If you have write permissions on the server guayadeque should apply changes to the files. If no the changes only affects the database. To be sure, open guayadeque from the console and edit some tracks and see any error that may appear in the console output.
vintasonic

Post by vintasonic »

Hi

Checked from the console and this is the error I see:

Warning: Tags Save failed for file '/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=mxlinux.local,share=tera/FLAC

I checked and I do have permissions on the server folder (the FLAC folder is drwxrwxrwx). As you can see, I am running Linux. Can you tell me what else might prevent me from writing changes to the file?

Thanks
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

You must be sure you have write permissions on the share itself and in the file. I am unsure of what may be wrong in your case but please make sure you can write on it. You may try to create a text file and write on it for example to check if that works.
vintasonic

Post by vintasonic »

Hi

I did as you suggested. Oddly, I have no problem saving a text file to the folder but if I re-open and edit the file, save it and re-open it, there is no text.
In other words, the file saves, opens, I can edit it but all the content gets erased on re-saving.

So I guess there is a permissions error but I have never seen behaviour like this, so I'll have to investigate.

Thanks