Remove from library blacklists file name? How to readd files?

General discussions
Skeorx

Remove from library blacklists file name? How to readd files?

Post by Skeorx »

I was managing my mp3s between two computers today and accidentally clicked on "Remove from library". Now they won't show up even if I delete the duplicate files and then recopy the originals over from the other computer. It seems like "remove from library" blacklists the exact file name and path to prevent it from ever showing up again in the library. Is there a way to refresh/reset this blacklist? I can't seem to find any option for this in the settings (short of reinstalling the whole program). Changing any single character of the file name or directory name allows the files to show up again. But syncing to other devices is going to screw up my organization if the file path doesn't match up. Changing the metadata doesn't help, nor trying to import the files. Thanks for any help. It's not the end of the world but still a pain.
anonbeat

Re: Remove from library blacklists file name? How to readd files?

Post by anonbeat »

Hello,
when delete from library is clicked a confirmation dialog show up. You confirmed the operation ?

Guayadeque dont allow to clear the deleted items. But you can do a hack. Close guayadeque. Open guayadeqe.db from the collection you was using and
clear the deleted table.
To find the Collection id you must start guayadeque from console and it show up the collection name and the Id.

Code: Select all

11:04:27: MediaViewer 'My Music' => '50E553D2'

sqlitebrowser ~/.guayadeque/50E553D2/guayadeque.db
Once its open you must go to the SQL tab and execute

DELETE FROM deleted
Hope it helps.

Regards
Skeorx

Re: Remove from library blacklists file name? How to readd files?

Post by Skeorx »

Yeah, I confirmed it. I was working too quickly and thought I clicked "Delete from Drive." 100% my own fault.
My db file was in ~/.guayadeque/Collections/[collection ID]/
The SQL execution worked and I'm back to normal use. Thanks so much for the timely help, I really appreciate it.
Guayadeque is still the best media software I've used in any OS. :D