Playlist font size increase

General discussions
xminusone

Playlist font size increase

Post by xminusone »

Hello all, and thank you, J.Rios, for one of the coolest pieces of software I have encountered.

I've been searching the 'net for a while, and I think I've scoured the forums here enough in search of an answer to the singular problem I experience with Guayadeque (v0.4.6 in my case). I cannot find a way within my system to change the playlist font nor can I find a solution on the forums or the internet. It's beginning to bug me cuz I need to spend a lot of time staring at my screens for various reasons, and I am finding it very difficult to read that microscopic font on the playlist when I enqueue songs.

I run Kubuntu 18.04 and have been able to adjust the other fonts in Guayadeque through KDE's "Widget Style of GNOME/GTK Applications" inside System Settings, but it seems nothing affects the playlist font size. If anyone knows how to increase or otherwise manipulate the font size of the playlist, it would be greatly appreciated if you could reveal the method involved.

On the other hand, if there is some reason why the playlist font size cannot be manipulated, it would be helpful if someone would just say that it can't be changed or whatever. At least, then we would know.

I'm thinking of a post from a user named DadyCool from way back in 2013--he asked how to change the playlist font size and no one even ever replied to his question. So, does anyone know? Or is it simply not possible the way Guayadeque is at the moment?

Thanks for any help and all respect to everyone.
anonbeat

Re: Playlist font size increase

Post by anonbeat »

Hello,
I will take a look at this problem and let you know.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Hello,
wIth the latest update the font of the Player playlist should follow default system size.

Thanks for your help
xminusone

Not a solution, but thanks

Post by xminusone »

I appreciate the prompt reply, but something else must be going on to affect the font size. Guayadeque auto-updated to v0.4.6r2123.71b5e35-bionic-1 as soon as it came out (from the Ubuntu launchpad PPA), and the playlist font does not display the default system size (which was Noto Sans 11; I increased it to Noto Sans 12 but there was no difference before or after restarting the system).

As I mentioned, I'm running Kubuntu 18.04, and all the fonts are set to Noto Sans 12 in the KDE System Settings program and also in the Gnome Application Style (GTK) Widget Style and Behavior also therein. Everything is set to 12, and all the other fonts inside Guayadeque are beautiful save for the playlist. The other fonts (menu, tabs, music library listings) all respond to the Gnome Application Style thing mentioned above. However, the playlist responds to nothing I've been able to find inside KDE or the Guayadeque files I can find inside my system. I would estimate the size of the playlist font to be either 9 or 10, which is just too small for me to read after a few hours without my eyes watering (not exaggerating).

I suppose I was hoping you might know some way to manipulate the font sizes to adapt them to a user's visual acuity (or lack thereof, in my case). Because, even if this thing you say about the font size reflecting the system settings were true, that may not always be optimal. Being able to make the font larger or smaller, and to change the font if necessary, would be a great feature for your program, but perhaps this is a difficult thing to implement. I have no idea, but it seems that a lot of things are made complicated inside linux, e.g., configuring a setting within a GTK program developed in Xubuntu and XFCE or Cinnamon, and then trying to get that to work properly on KDE 5.

Just thought I'd ask and give it a shot. Thank you again for your reply.
xminusone

Post by xminusone »

Well, now I know you meant "updated update." I bow before you with all respect and awe for fixing this, I really am delighted. Only moments ago I got the 0.4.6-r2124 update and it is beautiful!

Thank you ever so much. I appreciate that you still care so much about your work even after all these years. Guayadeque is one of the programs linux has that Windows doesn't that made it worth my while to use linux all the time.

I really can't express my gratitude sufficiently--you're the best!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thank you for point me on this problem and continue using Guayadeque after so many years.

JRios