Gstreamer 1.0 and wxWidgets 3.0 porting bug reports.

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

And I can build it here with no problem? I cant understand it

This is the wxgtk version Im using here

libwxgtk3.0-dev 3.0.2+dfsg-1.3

What version are you using?
radiometer

Post by radiometer »

The package is wxGTK3-3.0-devel 3.0.2.

As I understand the wxWidgets3 reference manual, the implicit conversion does not exist (anymore). No idea why it works for you. Maybe the package maintainer for Ubuntu or Debian included a patch to restore compatibility with some old code.

I tinkered a little with the Guayadeque source code and got it compiling after the following modifications (see details below):
* guEditWithOptions: wxArrayString->wxSortedArrayString in the signature, then convert wxSortedArrayString->wxArrayString manually.
* In a few places an explicit convertsion from const wxString->const wxChar* is required, because the implicit conversion also doesn't exist (anymore). I just used c_str() for that, because wxChar is the same as wchar_t.

Well, now it compiles, but I've still got a problem with gstreamer 1.0 at runtime. Needs some further investigation before I can tell you any details.

EditWithOptions.h:43
- guEditWithOptions( wxWindow * parent, const wxString &title, const wxString &label, const wxString &defval, const wxArrayString &items );
+ guEditWithOptions( wxWindow * parent, const wxString &title, const wxString &label, const wxString &defval, const wxSortedArrayString &items );
EditWithOptions.cpp:23
-guEditWithOptions::guEditWithOptions( wxWindow * parent, const wxString &title, const wxString &label, const wxString &defval, const wxArrayString &items ) :
+guEditWithOptions::guEditWithOptions( wxWindow * parent, const wxString &title, const wxString &label, const wxString &defval, const wxSortedArrayString &items ) :
EditWithOptions.cpp:40
- m_EditComboBox->Append( items );
+ wxArrayString tmp;
+ for (size_t k=0; k Append( tmp );
MediaCtrl.cpp:1363
- argvGST[ i ] = wxStrdupA( wxConvUTF8.cWX2MB( wxTheApp->argv[ i ] ) );
+ argvGST[ i ] = wxStrdupA( wxConvUTF8.cWX2MB( wxTheApp->argv[ i ].c_str() ) );
Transcode.h:75
- guTranscodeThread( const guTrack * track, const wxChar * target, const int format, const int quality );
+ guTranscodeThread( const guTrack * track, const wxString &target, const int format, const int quality );
Transcode.cpp:130
-guTranscodeThread::guTranscodeThread( const guTrack * track, const wxChar * target, const int format, const int quality )
+guTranscodeThread::guTranscodeThread( const guTrack * track, const wxString &target, const int format, const int quality )
Transcode.cpp:140
- guLogMessage( wxT( "Transcode %i - %i '%s' => '%s'\n:::: %i => %i" ), format, quality, track->m_FileName.c_str(), target, m_StartPos, m_Length );
+ guLogMessage( wxT( "Transcode %i - %i '%s' => '%s'\n:::: %i => %i" ), format, quality, track->m_FileName.c_str(), target.c_str(), m_StartPos, m_Length );
curl/base.cpp
- pBuf->Write((const wxChar*)szVerboseMessage, szVerboseMessage.Len() * sizeof(wxChar));
+ pBuf->Write(szVerboseMessage.c_str(), szVerboseMessage.Len() * sizeof(wxChar));
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thank for your effor and the patch. I will take a look and include it if all is fine.

Yes please tell me what is the problem with gstreamer... Also if you want to contact me via email it is anonbeat@gmail.com

Thanks again
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Currently I am working to adding again support to MusicBrainz tagging capabilities to the Track Editor.
Hreinsijons

Post by Hreinsijons »

Do you update with same commands.

cd ~/guayadeque

svn update

./build

sudo make install
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

nope to update its different commands... now you must use git

cd ~/guayadeque
git pull
./build
Hreinsijons

Post by Hreinsijons »

THX :)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The musicbrainz support is almost done. Right now the acousticid is working and search perfectly for the known tracks.

Need more testing to publish it.
radiometer

Post by radiometer »

I got back to the problem with gstreamer 1.0 on opensuse leap. It seems that the gstreamer 1.0 packages from leap don't work properly, but those from opensuse tumbleweed do. I.e. the problem is solved in the sense that this isn't guayadeques fault.

The patches regarding wxWidgets from above are still required, though. They should be regarded as a hack, since I'm not familiar with wx and therefore I have no idea on how to do this in a "clean" way (i.e. the way wx should be used).

A note to all KDE Plasma 5 users: the GTK3 version of the (default) Breeze theme is more or less broken as of Plasma 5.6 so that the Guayadeque GUI looks totally messed up. The Adwaita theme (this was the default in KDE 4) works fine.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thanks for reporting back.. I will fix the wxSortedStringArray problem soon