[Solved] Unlimited smart mode :)

versvs

Post by versvs »

Hi,

first things first: Thank you, Anonbeat, for this impressive piece of free software. And also thanks to all the contributors that ever submitted a patch or idea.

That being said, I can't seem to find where to disable the options that "regulate" the smart playing mode. I would like to have it add a couple (maybe 3) songs every time a song is played, nevermind how long the future queue already is. It is something I used to enjoy on Listen player (my old player). The idea behind this is: the dynamic mode working in this mode generates such a pool of songs that you can choose to just concentrate on whatever you're doing (working, doing stuff), but if you eventually fall to the player interface, you can remove a few tracks that is going to play in, say, 30 minutes. This way you help the smart mode keep being smart, as you have some choice of fine tuning the path the reproduction is taking.

With the current settings available in Guayadeque it is barely impossible to get this: if i add 10 songs at a clip, then the software stops adding new tracks (as the maximum staying queue is 10 as well).

So the feature request is: allow unfettered smart mode.

(I noticed what it might be a minor bug, but I still need 10 minutes to try to reproduce it systematically so it can be confirmed/addressed/fixed, so I'll keep my lips closed until further confirmation, dont wanna mess you all hehe.)
coacharnold

Post by coacharnold »

OK wow .... I missed this comment ....but I was sort of asking for the similar feature in my feature request ..... "Random Tacks" ......
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

With revision 1884 you can set 'Tracks left to start search' to 0 to always add tracks in smart mode.