Instability or inconsistency?

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I have read that if something like restoring the tracks at their correct position isn't working, or when it isn't even restoring the correct track or layout, sometimes it takes several attempts to get it to remember a setting, and that a could be an indication that segfaults are occuring when exiting Guaya.

So that bring me to ask, is this perhaps an inconsistency between updates, perhaps something is changing in the svn and that is why sometimes it will work fine and other times those features won't work at all?

OR, is it an instability of either Guayadeque or the system I have it running on. How can I determine WHY it is so random in that it works when it wants to?

It is not the most frustrating thing in the world, but it is starting to become harder to deal with. Perhaps I should get it 'working' and never update again? I never see any problems when building, and I guess I can test for segfaults in gdb but I wanted to get a word in before I pull hair.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The best is to run guayadeque thought gdb and do a backtrace when segfaults. With the data it provides I can answer your questions. WIthout that information I dont know what can be.