MusicBrainz Release Type tag (live, compilation, etc)

mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Hi anonbeat and all!

I don't know how many of you use musicbrainz for tagging the albums, howevere in some "recent" updates of the Picard tagger, it also get the releasetype information from MusicBrainz (which mean if it is a Live album, a compilation, an EP or a Single).

I think this information could be very useful within guayadeque! For example to create filters within the Album Browser view. Is it possible to make guayadeque read this tag?

Thanks
Rudy
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

+1
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Hi again Anonbeat!

Using the Picard Scripting I'm trying to do what I've written in the previous post.

In Picard I take the variable "releasetype", for live albums the value is "album; live".

In Guayadeque I have the label "live" so I activated the option to save labels in the tags.

I have found the guayadeque save a tag called album_labels so I'm trying to save "live" in it (using picard) if the musicbrainz release type tag contains live.

What I get is that I can save "live" in the album_labels tag, but guayadeque doesn't read it if I update the collection. Furthermore, If I then set the label within guayadeque and check the tag within picard, the album_labels tag now seems an array of two values, one set by picard and one by guayadeque.

Is there a way to save the album_labels tag correctly from outside guayadeque?

Thanks
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

@mekanix : album labels is a guayadeque propietary tag. Dont know if other programs support it
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

ok I understand! thanks!