Sound menu issue

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
Wawanakwa

Sound menu issue

Post by Wawanakwa »

Hi everyone, I'm posting because I have an annoying problem with guayadeque. I've installed it on ubuntu 12.10 and for a while it worked fine, but after uninstalling it (messing with something) and trying to install it again just keeps ending in the same way.
Basically, now every time I launch the player, the sound menu stops working, I don't see the guayadeque bar (even though I've set it as default player) and I can't even access the volume anymore. I'm using a laptop and even trying to raise the volume using the default keyboard command doesn't work.
I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times, trying both the svn version and the one from ubuntu software center, removed the .guayadeque folder from /home, removed (or tried to) everything via the --purge remove command and after every attempt the situation was the same.
The player actually works, since it plays my songs and should be able to do everything else, but it messes up with almost everything sound related and so I can't really use it anymore.

Thanks for any reply, I hope I'll be able to use it again because it's way better than Rythmbox.
anonbeat

Sound menu issue

Post by anonbeat »

Can you run it from console and post the output please ?
Wawanakwa

Sound menu issue

Post by Wawanakwa »

sudo /usr/bin/guayadeque
14:21:22: Initialized locale ( it_IT )
14:21:22: Mount Added...
14:21:22: mount without volume?
14:21:22: Mount Added...
14:21:22: mount without volume?
14:21:22: MediaViewer 'Musica' => '509BD500' ==>> 00000000
14:21:22: Library Db Version 21
14:21:22: SetViewMode -1 => 0
14:21:22: guLibPanel::IniPanelData( 13101 )
14:21:22: guLibPanel::DoTextSearch( '' )
14:21:24: OnCollectionCommand 13100 0 0 1
14:21:24: Updating the podcasts...

After this nothing happens anymore.
anonbeat

Sound menu issue

Post by anonbeat »

can you rename ~/.guayadeque folder to something else and start again guayadeque please ? if that works can you send me that old folder compressed to check what is happening please ?
Wawanakwa

Sound menu issue

Post by Wawanakwa »

I tried what you suggested but nothing changed, I've attached the new .guayadeque folder after restarting and renaming the old one, while the old one can't even be compressed.
kinggo

Sound menu issue

Post by kinggo »

have you tried to reinstall gstreamer and all the plugins?
Wawanakwa

Sound menu issue

Post by Wawanakwa »

kinggo wrote:have you tried to reinstall gstreamer and all the plugins?
I've just done this and it didn't work, the problem remained.
kinggo

Sound menu issue

Post by kinggo »

have you tried alsamixer? Can you change volume there if you start alsamixer from terminal?
I don't think this is related to guayadeque. I've been with it from the start and on a couple different laptops and never had any problems like that. And all the problems I had were always related to pulseaudio or alsamixer not saving settings correctly.
Wawanakwa

Sound menu issue

Post by Wawanakwa »

I've tried this and with alsamixer I can change the volume, but now I'm wondering if I can do something about the sound menu.
kinggo

Sound menu issue

Post by kinggo »

try reinstalling indicator-sound. Or even pulseaudio.