Tag multiple tracks at once.

Snooze

Post by Snooze »

The main reason I still use easy tag, is the ability to set common tags for multiple tracks. This is handy when setting an album name or artist.

It would be nice if I could apply the same tag to multiple tracks by selecting more than one from the list on the left hand side of the tagger.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

This can already be done

The copy button at the left of the track editor fields will set the tags to all the tracks you are editing

There is a video in the manual that explain visually how editing works. You can find it in the Track Editor section
http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... rackeditor
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

Ah. I see.

Don't know how I could have overlooked that.
pedrovgp

Post by pedrovgp »

The only problem with copying the tags definition to all selected songs is that any songs, which had different tags from those being applied, will have the former tags erased. Is there a way to set a tag to multiple songs without changing the former applied tags to those songs?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

From the library view tracks listbox you can do it. Selecting the songs you want the tags to be set and right clicking over the column you want to change context options to set the tags appears that will affect only the tracks selected.
pedrovgp

Post by pedrovgp »

I am sorry, I did not really understand.
Right clicking over which column? The selected songs?
Do you mean the "Edit labels" context options?
This would allow me to edit the labels only of the selected songs, but I would still have to set the labels individually or lose the former applied labels.
I will give an example:
I have 10 songs, each with a different tag, let's say "Party 1", "Party 2"... and so on.
I select 5 of them. Click edit labels. Now I want to add the label "Berlin" to these 5, without erasing the "Party x" tag in any of them. Do I have to click each one of the five and select "Berlin"? I would like to be able to "add tag to multiple songs" instead of "copy tags selection to songs in the list".