Tree view -- double line spacing when Artists is set as firs

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
NigelT

Post by NigelT »

The tree view defaults to single line spacing "out-of-the-box" (i.e. shorting of Generes-Artists-Albums), however when I change the sorting to Artists-Albums-Genres (or anything with Artists as the first parameter in the sort), a blank line gets inserted between every artist in the tree. In other words, when reading down the list, it will show Artist#1, then a blank line (empty space), then Artist#2, and so on. This double-spacing will then persist even if I go back to the original sorting order (with Genres first). Functionality is all still good, it just looks weird. Any idea on what might be causing this behaviour or how to troubleshoot it (or even better, how to fix it)?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you tell me more about your system? That problem is not happening here. Just tested on Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64
What version are you using ?
NigelT

Post by NigelT »

Same as you -- Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64. Also using Guayadeque 0.3.5-1800. Attached a couple of screen shots to give a better idea. I had some files that may have had some corrupted labeling in them that made things look weird, but I removed everything from the library and added just a couple of files (and re-scanned) and the spacing never returned to what it was originally. Capture1 shows the tree view with the "wide" spacing, Capture2 shows the playlists view with the normal spacing. I suppose I could just try to re-install from scratch and add my library in small pieces to see when the spacing changes but hopefully there is a less laborious method...
NigelT

Post by NigelT »

Update -- I believe I have found the source of the problem. I emptied out the source paths last night, and then added back a different path with just a few files. It did not affect the display (it was still strange). When I restarted the computer today (I turn it off at night because of the noise) and started Guayadeque, the tree view no longer had the strange spacing -- it was back to the original default. I had removed a couple of files with what appeared to be questionable tag formatting last night, so I decided to re-add the main library path (with those files still removed). Everything still looks good -- so it stands to reason that one or both of the two files I removed from the tree were the problem. I will fool around with them when I have time and see what I can learn (possibly see what character creates the issue). Regardless, the problem as far as I am concerned is solved, so you can close this thread if so desired. Thanks for the quick response to my original request, and keep up the good work on the best player out there.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thanks for come back to report its solved.