Anyone tryed Guayadeque in Natty Unity

General discussions
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Other issues:
.In the Posdcasts and Playlists tab, the "Text Search" blinks a lot and at some point I couldn't close the Podcasts tab.

.The keyboard shortcuts are all messed up.
Hreinsi

Post by Hreinsi »

ok cant see any blinks shortcuts i have test seem to work ok not tried them all
well Natty is not so stable but its fun :)
camaron

Post by camaron »

tamalet wrote:The keyboard shortcuts are all messed up.
I think this happens too with 10.10. If you delete guayadeque.conf and restart the program guayadeque produces a new whole set of shortcuts which appear to be pretty much aleatory. The expected behaviour would be to revert to default.
Enjabain

Post by Enjabain »

Another problem I've noticed is when playback is paused it moves the slider to the end of the track. Resuming playback puts the slider back in the correct position.

Also sometimes the natty "application menu" disappears and I lose access to the guayadeque main menus.

I had a lot of trouble trying to use the 2.7 version, and the ppa doesn't work for natty either. I'm currently running the latest svn.

Nevertheless I must say guayadeque is the most usable music player in natty.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The ppa should work with natty now but the version on the ppa have not fixed the problem with sound menu.

Im trying to fix it but when I installed natty in a spare laptop I had it broke my LCD and now Im trying to fix it

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

In Natty the registration to sound menu changed ans so its not supported to guayadeque. Looks like its something in progress so I will wait a bit to see how get sorted out at the end.
lusich

Post by lusich »

I tried building from svn today and got the "libindicate library not found..." error -- I did not continue with the build, because I am not sure what this means for the program. Is this an important piece of the software, or can we go ahead and build anyway.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I would believe that to be required for the indicator icon to work correctly, but I could be wrong. You should have first installed the required libs as suggested here http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... InstallSVN

The package is the last in the command

sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-dev libtagc0-dev libsqlite3-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libdbus-1-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libflac-dev libgpod-dev libindicate-dev
lusich

Post by lusich »

yes, I did follow the instructions -- the libindicate libraries are installed, however, I still get an error
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

That library is needed only with previous to natty versions of ubuntu to get the sound menu integration. If you are using natty or newer distro go ahead and forget about it.