New Guayadeque with Collections Support now up in svn

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
lusich

Post by lusich »

I will reinstall it again later this week and let you guys know. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to have both the SVN and the regular version installed at the same time. Synaptic package manager always returns an error.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

You can't have both versions. Before installing the svn or the ppa version you have to remove the version from the repositories.
If you don't want to manually update the program from time to time, I advise you to install the ppa version. It's a development version, but usually it's very stable.
rotwang888

Post by rotwang888 »

I thought there was a thread on this but I can't find one..sorry if this has been dealt with. Anyway, I am unable to import my previous m3u playlists. I get the following output when I try..

(guayadeque:4213): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/home/craig/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to rename file '/home/craig/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.GEGZ8V' to '/home/craig/.local/share/recently-used.xbel': g_rename() failed: Is a directory
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rotwang888: Guayadeque by itself is not doing this. This must be something gnome or whatever is doing
rotwang888

Post by rotwang888 »

Hmm. There has been some funny business with the "recently-used" directory having to do with gnome-shell displaying recent documents on the search-grid-thing and me disabling that. However, I couldn't import the playlists before the upgrade to Fedora 16 either. That directory is now gone, and there is no output in the terminal when I try to import a playlist. Would there be anything normally?
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

It there is a problem with the playlist import. It seems that if there is a track it it doesn't find, it will just not import anything, and there is no clue in the terminal.
I have a long playlist which I still have not been able to import.
rotwang888

Post by rotwang888 »

Interesting. I'll have to experiment. I'm sure some of the playlists contain "missing" tracks but surely not all of them.