Minor issues when using Guayadeque on Gnome 3

General discussions
Triasa

Post by Triasa »

I recently installed Guayadeque from svn, using Fedora 15 (Gnome 3).

The player itself works perfectly, it's just that the icon tray does't seem to be fully functional.
That is to say, I can't use it to hide/show the window, its menu works just fine though.

Plus, when pressing Alt+F2 to launch Guayadeque, I merely get it's folder in the directory.

Though these aren't really important, I was wondering if there's a way to fix them.
Could someone help?
bmbaker

Post by bmbaker »

i am using guayadeque in ubuntu 11.04 using gnome-shell, i just tested it using alt->f2 and it works fine!
there is an extension that will intergrate the tray icon into the top bar google for EvilStatusIconForever@NBGentoo i think it works on fedora too :-)
you just have to add guayadeque to its list in the extension.js

there is also a great new extension http://www.webupd8.org/2011/06/soundmen ... qus_thread
you will need to edit the extension.js and replace banshee with guayadeque, use the search and locate function in gedit or which ever editor fedora uses :-)
hope this helps
:-)
Triasa

Post by Triasa »

I just installed the latest updates and now the icon seems to work properly. Though I think I am going to give that new extension a shot anyway cause I kind of liked it. :)

As for the Alt+F2 thing, it still doesn't work and I even had to create a menu entry for Guayadeque myself. But oh well, that's not really important..

Thank you so much for both taking the time to reply and the info about that extension thing. :)