anonbeat

New Filtering in Album Browser

Post by anonbeat »

It will be fixed in the next svn commit

Thanks for your bug report
rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

I like and use the Filter Feature a lot.

Here are a couple of improvements i like to suggest:
1. Show only matched songs
When i use a Filter in the Browse view the album containing the matched song is shown with _all_ its songs. I found no way to play only the matched songs from the Browse view.

1a Show the songs of the album.
Again when in Browse mode it would be nice when a mouseover not only showed an enlarged cover but also the songs of the album. When songs are filtered out (see above) they should be grey.

2. Library
it would be great to be able to use the filter also in library view.

3. And or Or
it would be nice to specify whether all or any filter condition needs to be matched.

4. Advanced Filter
it would be great to be able to edit the filter sqlstatement as an advanced option.
this would help to search for titles where genre is Null or "" etc.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rawdlite wrote:I like and use the Filter Feature a lot.

Here are a couple of improvements i like to suggest:
1. Show only matched songs
When i use a Filter in the Browse view the album containing the matched song is shown with _all_ its songs. I found no way to play only the matched songs from the Browse view.

1a Show the songs of the album.
Again when in Browse mode it would be nice when a mouseover not only showed an enlarged cover but also the songs of the album. When songs are filtered out (see above) they should be grey.

2. Library
it would be great to be able to use the filter also in library view.

3. And or Or
it would be nice to specify whether all or any filter condition needs to be matched.

4. Advanced Filter
it would be great to be able to edit the filter sqlstatement as an advanced option.
this would help to search for titles where genre is Null or "" etc.
Im improving the user interface for the new version and some of your ideas are things I want to add like, for example, show tracks when zooming out an album cover and make filters also available to library view and tree view.

Thanks for your help