Track Artist Support

solovoy

Track Artist Support

Post by solovoy »

I'm tired to search a good audio player that manage just right the Album Artist tag. I test a lot and Guayadeque may be my solution. I only have one problem.

I have too much OSTs and Scores from Movies, and because of that, I can arrange my playlist in the right way. The label Album Artist (I think that is the name in English, in the Spanish that label is named Artista Principal) only show it if is tagged. And the Artist show the Artist, of course. But the problem start when I want to arrange my Playlist. If a choose to arrange by Artist, I have a messy with the Albums. And if i choose to arrange by Album Artist, I have all the Compilations in the end of my playlist.

I try to change all my tags in the Compilation, where %albumartist% was the %artist% and %artist% was the %albumartist% but then i have problems with the lyrics and the Last.FM tab.

A good solution could be implement the %album artist% and %track artist% from Foobar2000 in Windows. That "tags" are not real tags saved in the files, there are a function that search for the right value in the tags.

%album artist% show the %albumartist% if is tagged, and if is not, show the %artist% tag. And %track artist% show the %artist% only if the %albumartist% is tagged and this two are different.

So, with that solution I can have an %album artist% column, and a %track artist% column, with no repeated values. And the %artist% tag is always the right, so i can go to the lyrics or to the Last.FM tab and can see the right information.

I hope you can undestand my explanation and my so bad english.

Cheers from Argentina.
tamalet

Track Artist Support

Post by tamalet »

Hey, otro argentino! :)
finndo77

Track Artist Support

Post by finndo77 »

I understand what you are saying, but reading this makes me scratch my head in confusion several times... :)

you want to use variables in the program that pull from the actual tags, so that lyrics search and last.fm don't know when you are spoofing the artist tag, that way when an OST track is playing you actually get the info for the real song. I agree, and have the same (lots of OST CDs), Although I don't really pay attention to last.fm and rarely view the lyrics pane, unless a song is playing that makes me think "what in the world did they really just say?"

It is a good idea, and should be vote-able on sourceforge; however just a note, I am unable to vote on source forge, after I log in, and it tries to reload the page so I can vote on something, I get an infinite redirect loop error and the webpage fails to load. it works fine when I am not logged in. I have tried google chrome and firefox and get the same issue. I tried setting an exception in my cookie handling to always allow sourceforge.net cookies, but no go. so I am unable to vote for anything.
anonbeat

Track Artist Support

Post by anonbeat »

solovoy wrote:I'm tired to search a good audio player that manage just right the Album Artist tag. I test a lot and Guayadeque may be my solution. I only have one problem.

I have too much OSTs and Scores from Movies, and because of that, I can arrange my playlist in the right way. The label Album Artist (I think that is the name in English, in the Spanish that label is named Artista Principal) only show it if is tagged. And the Artist show the Artist, of course. But the problem start when I want to arrange my Playlist. If a choose to arrange by Artist, I have a messy with the Albums. And if i choose to arrange by Album Artist, I have all the Compilations in the end of my playlist.

I try to change all my tags in the Compilation, where %albumartist% was the %artist% and %artist% was the %albumartist% but then i have problems with the lyrics and the Last.FM tab.

A good solution could be implement the %album artist% and %track artist% from Foobar2000 in Windows. That "tags" are not real tags saved in the files, there are a function that search for the right value in the tags.

%album artist% show the %albumartist% if is tagged, and if is not, show the %artist% tag. And %track artist% show the %artist% only if the %albumartist% is tagged and this two are different.

So, with that solution I can have an %album artist% column, and a %track artist% column, with no repeated values. And the %artist% tag is always the right, so i can go to the lyrics or to the Last.FM tab and can see the right information.

I hope you can undestand my explanation and my so bad english.

Cheers from Argentina.
I think that can be doable. That is already implemented in the copy to function for example. I will try to add it to the dynamic playlists.

Thanks for your help