Show song-information for ogg-radio-streams

DerEineDa

Post by DerEineDa »

Hi there!

I am new to Guayadeque and was using Rhythmbox, Banshee, Exaile and Clementine before, but all players had their own problems. And so does guayadeque:

Most of the time I am listening to Rainwave radio (rainwave.cc). It's an ogg-stream with the following address:

http://rwstream.rainwave.cc:8000/rainwave.ogg

The problem is that guayadeque only shows the title of the currently played song, not the artist and album-tags like other gstreamer-based music players do. I guess this is also true for other radio streams using the ogg-format, not just rainwave.

I also would like to see these song informations with the libnotify-popups.

Otherwise I think this is a very good media player. Great work!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Hello,
this radio station send the tags in a different way than any other I have checked and guayadeque leave the full tag as the track title as dont recognize the format.
I will add in the future a way to configure the station tags format but at this time this is not possible.

Thanks for your help
DerEineDa

Post by DerEineDa »

Sorry, but this is just not true. It's a normal ogg-stream and the gstreamer-tags can be read just like with any other ogg-stream. Every other gstreamer-based player can read the tags just fine (Audacious, Quodlibet, Rhythmbox, Banshee, Exaile, Clementine).

The truth is, you don't even try to read the artist and album-tags.

In MediaCtrl.cpp (revision=1643) at line 240 you only read the title-tag from the provided GstTagList:

Code: Select all

gst_tag_list_get_string( tags, GST_TAG_TITLE, &RadioTagInfo->m_Title );
Just try other constants like "GST_TAG_ARTIST" and you'll see that it works. I could easily patch this by myself, but I'd rather like you to do it so other people can use it, too.

Please note that english is not my native language, so if the above sounds rude to you, I apologize, because this was not my intention. I just wanted to point out that rainwave sends the tags in a standard way and it would be relatively easy to use them in Guayadeque just like in any other audio player.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thanks for pointing out this. Im doing some minor changes to Guayadeque and once they are done I will come back to this.

Thanks for your help

This are the tags Guayadeque receive from a mpeg shoutcast stream...

00:06:00: New Tag Found:
Organi.: '#MUSIK.MAIN - WWW.RAUTEMUSIK.FM - 24H TOP 40 POP HITS 80S 90S DANCE HOUSE ROCK RNB AND MORE!'
Locat. : 'http://www.RauteMusik.FM/main'
Artist : ''
Album : ''
Title : ''
Genre : 'Pop Rock Top 40 RnB 80s'
Organi.: ''
Locat. : ''
Genre : ''

And this listenning to the radio stream you posted
00:07:55: New Tag Found:
Organi.: 'rwrelay.ogg'
Locat. : 'http://rainwave.cc'
Genre : 'Video Game Music'
Artist : 'Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori'
Album : 'Halo'
Title : 'Opening Suite ::[Rainwave]>'
Genre : 'Halo'

AFAIK In shoutcast there are not much ogg streams. I will try to support that extra tags sent.
DerEineDa

Post by DerEineDa »

I am not familar with shoutcast streams and I don't know how Gstreamer handles mp3-streams (tag-wise). But I am happy to see that you try to add support for ogg-tags. This was the main deal-breaker for Guayadeque to me. At the moment I am using Quod Libet.

I hope to see a plugin-interface sometime in the feature, because I want Guayadeque to query the internet for a new album cover (based on the album-tag) when a song on the radio changes. I guess this doesn't have high priority for you, so it would be nice to do this with plugins.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

This isnt the same issue, but since it has to do with radios I thought id ask here.. Is there any easy way to find the link for a shoutcast station, or is there any way to add the currently playing shoutcast station to a playlist or the user defined radios list?