Music brainz for external music?

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I restarted and it appeared, it seems my menu hadn't been updating as a lot of other things also appeared, thanks again. I think I'm starting to learn a lot of patience from all of this :)
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

ok, so that gave me an idea while i was trying to get everything working again, and i kept forgetting it. anyways, i have no idea if its possible, but it would be nice to have a feature, and im not even sure what its called, but basically the feature that allows you to move all the bars on the equalizer at once. i know this could use its own post, but i keep forgetting about it so i wanna put it out there.

basically just some feature improvements to the equalizer would be awesome, but im betting my bottom dollar you already have some in mind. other than that i cant think of much else to make guaya any better, its taken a huge burden off of going back and forth between players, so thanks again for all the amazing work!
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I'm not sure what the issue is or whats changed, but its doing this again still with musicbrainz, it doesnt matter what track it is, if it isn't in the library musicbrainz just won't search. I'm gonna just try to update and see if that fixes it again, if not I'll post back my results.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Ok after updating I've come to a realization. This still only applies to music NOT in the library/db.

The best example I can give is, musicbrainz works ONLY if you don't change either field for 'Artist' or 'Title' so for instance if the album doesn't exist in musicbrainz, or the title is incorrect to begin with, and I go and try to change the Title field, all fails.

Then you have to close musicbrainz/tag editor and start over, so if the artist/title isnt correct or doesn't exist, you can't use musicbrainz, because you can't change the artist or title or musicbrainz won't search. Let me know if that makes sense?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Off topic: is there any way to verify how many tracks should be loaded in Guayadeque, I've tried commands like find etc but I have no luck finding something that will tell me just how many of a certain type/types of file are in all subfolders within one folder, not counting the folder/subfolders and the pictures and such. So I was wondering if maybe someone here knew, just wanting to verify Guaya has loaded everything as I sometimes just get curious, anyways let me know if you have any ideas, thanks!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

a command to count tracks and even separately for every type have been reported in this forum. I will try to find it and give you a link
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

This is the thread
http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... mment_1423

and this is the command
find ./ -type f | grep -E ".*\.[a-zA-Z0-9]*$" | sed -e 's/.*\(\.[a-zA-Z0-9]*\)$/\1/' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Just checking has there been any updates to this bug?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Well, I'm not sure what I've done, but this now affects all music in the library. The only way to get any result from MusicBrainz is if you put it the exact album name and artist, otherwise it acts like it isnt even trying to search, basically it just returns no results for album OR artist, only if its both and it has to be exact match.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Well I was thinking maybe this is just an issue on my end. Has anyone else had this same issue? Maybe I can reinstall something to fix this?? Or perhaps I should try removing and reinstalling guayadeque altogether as that did seem to fix the issue the last time, but I'm still not entirely certain it did fix it.