Integrate Guayadeque in Ubuntu soundmenu

spiftire

Post by spiftire »

I would love to see Guayadeque integrated with Ubuntu by adding controls to the sound menu, like Banshee have.
camaron

Post by camaron »

Guayadeque is integrated into the soundmenu but you need to set this in Preferences.
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

There we go=) Stupid me!! Sorry about that...
Linye

Post by Linye »

Sorry to hijack this but, does anyone knows how to remove banshee from the sound menu after you remove the app?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

For me, it was as simple as removing using apt remove or synaptic, and restarting X, either logout or maybe restart if that doesnt work?
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I'm not in Natty now to give you detailed steps, but from what I remember sound menu integration in Banshee is done via a plugin (as most things are). Just disable that plugin.
Linye

Post by Linye »

Found the problem. it removed but still had a .desktop file in .local folder for the quicklist and that kept banshee in the App lenses and sound menu.

Now, anyone knows if its posible to put Guayadeque en in the Dash (play music) where Banshee used to be?
camaron

Post by camaron »

Linye wrote:Now, anyone knows if its posible to put Guayadeque en in the Dash (play music) where Banshee used to be?
What do you mean?
camaron

Post by camaron »

@Linye

Sorry, I see what you mean. If you open "preferred applications" choose the command "guayadeque" as multimedia player. That will put the guayadeque icon in the dash. There is a bug though, and custom default apps don't render the square highlight properly.
Linye

Post by Linye »

That was easy, thanks!

It seems that with Faenza icon theme the icon is showed properly. See attached; Looks awesome.