The GUI

spiftire

The GUI

Post by spiftire »

Hi.
I'll just start up by saying I love Guayadeque with all its cool feature and the fact that I can handle my big music library.
But there is something about the look of the player. To me it looks a bit cheap and underdeveloped, not aimed at being user friendly, but just hyped on features. So I just have an input on how the player could look and act.

The way I see it, from a user perspective, the information I am most interested in when I browse my music is the following: Artist, Album Title, Track Title, Track Number, Cover art, Length, Rating and maybe Year. All the rest I don't really care about. The question is how to display this information.
I don't want to look at a bunch of lines where a whole lot of the columns look the same.

Eg. If I search for "The Beatles" in my library I will see the name "The Beatles" on my screen like a hundred times but all in one column! This is not needed. Display the artist name once! Same with album title. Display it once for all the songs on the album. Then you can fit the Cover art, Year and Album rating together with it.

I want to look at my music collection as if I had hard-copies of all the records, not just a bunch of files.

I have attached a draft of how the library could look. See if you like it.
anonbeat

The GUI

Post by anonbeat »

That is a nice idea and remind me the iTunes Album View or something like this. I will try to include something like this in the near versions.

Thanks for your help
mekanix

The GUI

Post by mekanix »

This seems very cool!
spiftire

The GUI

Post by spiftire »

To be honest, the idea is very much based on iTunes.

I have some other ideas of how it should work as well. When scrolling through the library the Artist should always stick to the songs. Eg. When scrolling the library an artist with a lot of recordings might have to many songs to fit on one page. Then the name might get scrolled away. I think the artist name should not disapair from the main window as you scroll. but it should always stick next to the songs played by the artist.

Same thing with album title.
Linye

The GUI

Post by Linye »

I'm liking this
Lysias

The GUI

Post by Lysias »

Indeed, this could be interesting.
l300lvl

The GUI

Post by l300lvl »

I vote for this as well, as I had a previous post requesting for album art in the 'select columns' track list view, as this would achieve the same functionality with some additional customizations possible. Cant wait to see this implemented
MattSan

The GUI

Post by MattSan »

This is similar to MediaMonkeys display. Anything which brings Guayadeque closer to MM is a win as far as I am concerned :)

Can you tell that I miss MM ?

Attached a random pic from the net showing almost exactly what you describe.

Edit: Pic doesn't show that in fact mutiple tracks from the same album can be shown with one Album Art if you sort display by Artist/Album Art in MM. But still gives you an impression as to what it looks like.