Portable device support questions, bug reports, etc HERE

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

When you connect your phone it should be listed in the sources window under portable devices or in the 'View' -> 'Portable Devices' menu. You need to open the library panel for the portable device. Once its open you can right click to set the properties within the library of the portable device.
Also once its open a new entry appears in the Copy To menu for the properties you have set for your portable device.

If you set the playlist folder and formats supported in the portable device properties you can create playlists or transfer playlists to the device and it will be created in the device according to your properties set.

Let me know if you need more help with anything

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Miggles wrote:I'm trying to sync with my Nexus S (gave up on my Ipod Touch) and having some trouble.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 and have the version from the software centre installed (1500) and I don't get a menu when I right click on the player library tab. Is this in a later version and if so, where do I get that from?

At the moment it's dumping all the music folders into the root directory of my phone - is this behaviour fixed or customisable in a later version?

Any idea when playlists will be supported?

Thanks for the awesome player, by the way. :)
When you connect your phone it should be listed in the sources window under portable devices or in the 'View' -> 'Portable Devices' menu. You need to open the library panel for the portable device. Once its open you can right click to set the properties within the library of the portable device.
Also once its open a new entry appears in the Copy To menu for the properties you have set for your portable device.

If you set the playlist folder and formats supported in the portable device properties you can create playlists or transfer playlists to the device and it will be created in the device according to your properties set.

Thanks for your help
Miggles

Post by Miggles »

anonbeat wrote:When you connect your phone it should be listed in the sources window under portable devices or in the 'View' -> 'Portable Devices' menu. You need to open the library panel for the portable device. Once its open you can right click to set the properties within the library of the portable device.

Thanks for your help
Ah, I get it now. I was missing the Sources menu (don't have it in my default layout so I never noticed it) and I was always trying to right click on the Library tab itself rather than somewhere in the Library tab.

With those two sorted out I've almost got the perfect setup. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to create a Dynamic playlist using an Allow and a Deny filter? I have a couple of huge static playlists that I would like to put selections of on the player and at the moment what I have to do is assign Tags (painfully slow and prone to crashing/not responding) to the lot and then create a dynamic playlist to select from that Tag. I'd also like to make another Dynamic playlist that is everything in the library minus a static playlist I've picked out of stuff that I don't want included in regular play (essentially it's my hand-picked denials). Being able to use these to populate the player would be awesome.

Cheers
Miggles

Post by Miggles »

I've just noticed that playlists are created with absolute paths including the mount point on my system (/media/35EE-1E0E//media/music/Fruteland Jackson - Tell Me What You Say/01 - Fruteland Jackson - Tell Me What You Say.mp3
) and I can't find an option to make that relative to the location of the playlist. Am I missing something here?

Also, would it be possible to maintain the relationship between the Dynamic playlist stored in my main library and the Static one created on the device so that when I click update on the player it updates that playlist as well? Maybe not the update button - have an Update Dynamic Playlists button instead?

Cheers
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Miggles wrote:
anonbeat wrote:When you connect your phone it should be listed in the sources window under portable devices or in the 'View' -> 'Portable Devices' menu. You need to open the library panel for the portable device. Once its open you can right click to set the properties within the library of the portable device.

Thanks for your help
Ah, I get it now. I was missing the Sources menu (don't have it in my default layout so I never noticed it) and I was always trying to right click on the Library tab itself rather than somewhere in the Library tab.

With those two sorted out I've almost got the perfect setup. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to create a Dynamic playlist using an Allow and a Deny filter? I have a couple of huge static playlists that I would like to put selections of on the player and at the moment what I have to do is assign Tags (painfully slow and prone to crashing/not responding) to the lot and then create a dynamic playlist to select from that Tag. I'd also like to make another Dynamic playlist that is everything in the library minus a static playlist I've picked out of stuff that I don't want included in regular play (essentially it's my hand-picked denials). Being able to use these to populate the player would be awesome.

Cheers
Just set the deny filter to the static playlist with the tracks that you dont want to be played.
In the allow filter use 'All' and add to the playlist to play the tracks you want to listen to.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Miggles wrote:I've just noticed that playlists are created with absolute paths including the mount point on my system (/media/35EE-1E0E//media/music/Fruteland Jackson - Tell Me What You Say/01 - Fruteland Jackson - Tell Me What You Say.mp3
) and I can't find an option to make that relative to the location of the playlist. Am I missing something here?

Also, would it be possible to maintain the relationship between the Dynamic playlist stored in my main library and the Static one created on the device so that when I click update on the player it updates that playlist as well? Maybe not the update button - have an Update Dynamic Playlists button instead?

Cheers
The playlist problem should be fixed in svn now

Thanks for your help
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

I cant get my iPod Touch 4gen with iOS 4.2.1 to work. Have had problems with it on all players I've tried. It gets mounted, guayadeque can see the player and scan the device and it seems that the files get copied to the player, but it is not writen into the DB properly. So when i disconnect the iPod the i cant find the songs. Anyone else have same problem?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

How are you copying the files ? Guayadeque detected the device as an Ipod or as a USB mass storage device ? You can see the difference from the device properties window.
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

Looks like it shows as a USB mass storage device. I copy the files by right clicking "copy to -> iPod". But I think it might have something to do with this. http://gtkpod.org/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=35
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

if shows as a mass storage device then its normal that tracks dont show up. I had a similar problem and at the end fixed it restoring the device from iTunes.