Dynamic Playlist Criteria: "In Playlist"

drmichael

Post by drmichael »

In Banshee as well as other music players, I'm able to create dynamic playlists that, for example, contain only songs with a rating of 5 and are also in my "New Music" static playlist. In Guayadeque, I can do the 5 rating part without problem, but am not able to set a criteria such that a song must also be in a particular playlist. I would LOVE to use Guayadeque except that it doesn't have this one, tiny feature that is an absolute necessity for me.

Is there any chance this could be implemented?
camaron

Post by camaron »

Yes, I've often wished I could use the other playlists as rules to create new playlists. I agree it would be a nice feature.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I remember there were some similar requests, but the developer was concerned with the performance regression it can have when using the dynamic lists as filters.
camaron

Post by camaron »

@drmichael: it is worth mentioning that you could achieve the same result using labels. Mainly if you use mp3 it has got better as they will be saved to the files. Worth considering.

If as tamalet points out your suggestion involves a regression in performance then we probably don't want that....:)
drmichael

Post by drmichael »

@camaron: Yes, I guess that labels would get the job done. Those labels aren't saved at all to the ID3 tag, are they? Are they saved in the "comments" section?

@tamalet: What if we just used _static_ lists as filters? I don't know much about developing, but it seems to me like there wouldn't be any sort of performance regression.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Labels are saved to files in their own custom tag.
About the performance, the best one to answer that is anonbeat.