Portable device support questions, bug reports, etc HERE

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Good to know, thanks.
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

Hi, let me start by saying that I love Guayadeque. Over the weekend I updated it and was trying out the new features. I tried copying music to my Ipod Classic 7th gen and a note would pop up saying that 0 bytes were transfered yet the album cover and songs show on my ipod after I disconnected it. However, when I try to play the song, the song doesnt do anything. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I have had this same problem before (rarely) in GTKpod. but usually I just delete the song/album and then reload it and its fine. Would love to stop using GTKpod and just copy the music from g-deque. Thanks
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you right click and set the properties and add the supported formats as mp3 and m4a ? Seems there is a bug that dont set the default formats but once set it should work.

Can you run it from console and post the output while trying to transfer an album or some tracks ?

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Please update to svn revision 1508 and try to check the problem is fixed

Thanks for your help
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

how do i do that. im not that knowledgable with the console.
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

nevermind. it works now. problem solved. Hey, I was thinking of a request that would be nice but not a biggie. In GTKpod, there is the field in the tag that says sort artist. I enter the artist last name first (Davis, Miles) and then thats how it sorts in the Ipod. Is this a posibility in G-deque?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

dnitious wrote:nevermind. it works now. problem solved. Hey, I was thinking of a request that would be nice but not a biggie. In GTKpod, there is the field in the tag that says sort artist. I enter the artist last name first (Davis, Miles) and then thats how it sorts in the Ipod. Is this a posibility in G-deque?
That will be added in the near future.

Thanks for your help
Linye

Post by Linye »

I'm using revision 1536 and it isn't detecting my ipod. Don't remember if I need something installed for it to work.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Is your ipod being mounted right ?
You need libgpod installed and if you are building from svn you need libgpod-dev

Thanks for your help
Miggles

Post by Miggles »

I'm trying to sync with my Nexus S (gave up on my Ipod Touch) and having some trouble.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 and have the version from the software centre installed (1500) and I don't get a menu when I right click on the player library tab. Is this in a later version and if so, where do I get that from?

At the moment it's dumping all the music folders into the root directory of my phone - is this behaviour fixed or customisable in a later version?

Any idea when playlists will be supported?

Thanks for the awesome player, by the way. :)