Rating in metadata

Jemay

Rating in metadata

Post by Jemay »

Hi Anonbeat, thanks for the new release...

I wonder if is posible writing our ratings in metadata of the songs, because this information is lost when we move the folders to another locations.
I hope that this could be possible.
Godbye
tamalet

Rating in metadata

Post by tamalet »

This has been requested so many time that I wouldn't be surprised if it is added during this development version.
In the meantime you can vote for this idea:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent ... t/idea/30/
Jemay

Rating in metadata

Post by Jemay »

Excellent... thanks for the reply
anonbeat

Rating in metadata

Post by anonbeat »

This is something that will come but there are other things I want to add first like shortcuts.

Thanks for your help
Jemay

Rating in metadata

Post by Jemay »

then I'll be waiting ... thanks...
leoperbo

Rating in metadata

Post by leoperbo »

I had just tested Guayadaque and I like it. I think it takes, simplify and improve the best of gmusicbrowser except for the way in wich the ratings are saved, I agree with Jemay, writing ratings in metadata is an important feature that other players are implementing, gmusicbrowser included.

To me, the only reason for not switching to Guadayeque as my default music player and organizer is the lack of this feature.

Pleas, keep that good work!
finndo77

Rating in metadata

Post by finndo77 »

it would be very handy, as I have 30k songs and 60%-70% are already rated in the metadata, I often do playlists based off nothing but the ratings so it is annoying to not have most of my songs show up because they are now "unrated". voting for this feature if that is still able to be done...

One issue I am having is maintaining my ratings in Guayadeque after updating to the newest svn, I have made a backup of my config files and copied them back over after updating, My playlists and database was all there, even my labels stuck around, but no ratings. (not to be a butt, however... this could be resolved by using the metadata :)