when in "library" tab, will not play more than one song.

General discussions
smoosh

Post by smoosh »

Hey, just started using guayadeque a few days ago, and I love it, but am having some problems with the simplest playback issues. If I play an album while viewing the "browser" tab, it will play song 1 then song 2 etc, to the end of the album. If I try and play an album in the "library" tab, it will either play one song from the album I want to listen to, then repeat it (if repeat one song is turned on), or play that song and stop playback altogether. Anybody else having this issue? I like using the "library" tab because then I can see what the songs are. I tried turning repeat to the different options, turning smart mode on and off, and restarting guayadeque, but nothing I do seems to make playing an entire album through the "library" tab possible. What gives??
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Are you sure you are adding the whole album to the Now playing list? In the library if you double click on a track, only that track will be added. If you want the whole album you have to double click it on the Albums list.
smoosh

Post by smoosh »

Thank you! I knew it must be something simple... That works perfectly. Kinda weird that you have to do that, but hey, it works!

Thanks!

Smoosh
smoosh

Post by smoosh »

BTW, this is by far the best music player for linux, in my opinion.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Well, there should also be a simple way to add only one track.
You can also use the context menu to add all the selected tracks.
smoosh

Post by smoosh »

Yeah, I like the fact that you can only have one track in the playlist, I just needed to get used to it. I used itunes and then rhythmbox and/or banshee previously, so I wasn't used to having to double-click the album to get all the songs added as all those player use the album you have selected as the playlist. As soon as I knew I had to do that, it took about five seconds to get used to.

Thanks!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

In fact if you double click the genre you send all tracks of that genre. If you double click an artist it will play all tracks of that artist, if you double click an album will send all tracks of that album and so on. Note that it will send all tracks of the element you double clicked even when are not seen in your current selection.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

You mean genre, not gente, right? :)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

yep