New Lyrics Search Engine

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

From revision 1466 there is a new lyrics search engine that should be far better than the previous one. Its supported with more than 10 providers and offers the option to create your own ones. A new documentation need to be writen to explain this as the lyric provider edition is not easy.

You need to instal this new version so the lyrics default preferences get installed to the proper location.

Please try it and let me know.

Thanks for your help
mekanix

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by mekanix »

What you mean with command in Sources and Targets??
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

A command will be launched to search for a lyric or once the lyric is found.
mekanix

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by mekanix »

Thanks!
mr_hangman

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by mr_hangman »

updated and testing... :)
Lysias

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by Lysias »

Very nice, anonbeat. Me likey :) Thanks for implementing this system. Guayadeque just keeps on getting better and better.

One thing I noticed: the search strings aren't url encoded, right? I was able to find lyrics for a song for which the lookup failed by pasting the search url in the address bar of a browser (which I guess does the url encoding automatically). The song had the letter "ä" in its title.

A nice option would be to postpone writing the lyrics into the audio file till the song is no longer in playback. It would get rid of the glitch sound when the lyrics are saved. But to be honest, it doesn't bother me much and it only happens once per file.
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

A few remarks:

.When you unckeck "Follow player" and search for lyrics, the edit and save button are always disabled.

.I would like to see where the lyrics comes from (embedded, file or which site). The problem is where to show this. I was thinking it could be shown on the Status bar. Right now it always says "Welcome to Guayadeque", this would make it more interesting to look at. While it is searching lyrics it could also show a message.

.If you modify the lyrics of the currently playing song with the Song Editor and have Follow player enabled, the lyrics tab should be refreshed.

.When you save a change to the lyrics currently playing song using the Song Editor, the notifyosd is shown. But it's not shown if you change it from the lyrics tab. I think it should not appear again when saving the lyrics.
Lysias

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by Lysias »

While searching for lyrics, this text came up:

Não encontramosprologuecadastrada emkeen of the crow. Compruebe más abajo la lista completa de este artista o contribuaenviando a letra.

and was saved as the lyrics. To circumvent this problem I disabled letras.mus.br for now.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

dont need to disable it. Edit the source for letras.mus.br and add this 'Não encontramos' to Not Found list box.

Thanks for your help
Lysias

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by Lysias »

Ah yes, that did the trick. Thanks, anonbeat. Didn't even realize one can fine-tune the services so :)