Replaygain Tagging

rickstone

Replaygain Tagging

Post by rickstone »

I have been using Guayadeque for over a year now and love it. Previously I used a combination of EasyTag, Google/Amazon/discogs and some replaygain tool to ready new tracks for my music library. Since tagging has gotten AWESOME(!) and the artwork download and embedding works beautifully, I no longer use any of the previously mentioned tools. However, I keep forgetting to replaygain my tracks. Amarok 1.x series had a plugin that would automatically replaygain new tracks/albums as they were played if they did not already contain replaygain tags, which was super helpful.

What I'm wondering is if a script, such as the one detailed in the first entry of this post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1336014) could be invoked from within Guayadeque. The best scenario would be to have Guayadeque check for replaygain tags and if not, you could have this script automatically invoked on the file/album/folder from there. Another possible solution would simply be to have a right-click option over a track or an entire album in the library or browser that would allow you invoke that script.

What do you think, anonbeat? Would something like this be possible?

Thanks!
anonbeat

Replaygain Tagging

Post by anonbeat »

Yes its possible but you can use just the commands feature for that dont you think?
You can define a new command with mp3gain for example with the apropiate params for you. And it will be available on right click -> commands
rickstone

Replaygain Tagging

Post by rickstone »

How would you do that with a script?
anonbeat

Replaygain Tagging

Post by anonbeat »

For example you can create a command like
Name: ReplayGain mp3
Command: mp3gain -r -k -m 6 -q -p {tp}

See help of mp3gain in case that dont meet your needs.
rickstone

Replaygain Tagging

Post by rickstone »

I've tried setting up the replaygain script mentioned above, individually mp3gain and metaflac commands and tried each of these three passing track and folder options (separately) and I can't get it to work. While running Guayadeque via terminal, I can see the errors, as follows:

via the replaygain script from above:

09:59:39 AM: Running command ./replaygain.sh /media/Gojira/Library/Propaganda/A\ Secret\ Wish\ (FLAC)/
./replaygain.sh: line 140: pushd: write error: Bad file descriptor
./replaygain.sh: line 118: echo: write error: Bad file descriptor
./replaygain.sh: line 82: echo: write error: Bad file descriptor

via mp3gain it just hangs:
Running command mp3gain -r -k -a -p /media/Gojira/Library/Propaganda/A\ Secret\ Wish/

via metaflac:

10:01:54 AM: Running command metaflac --add-replay-gain --preserve-modtime /media/Gojira/Library/The\ Wolfgang\ Press/A\ Girl\ Like\ You\ 2/
/media/Gojira/Library/The Wolfgang Press/A Girl Like You 2/: ERROR: reading metadata, status = "FLAC__METADATA_CHAIN_STATUS_READ_ERROR"

There was an error while reading the FLAC file.

All of these commands work fine via the command line outside of Guayadeque. It seems as if the {bp} and {tp} commands aren't passing what I think they are?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
rickstone

Replaygain Tagging

Post by rickstone »

Nothing?
anonbeat

Replaygain Tagging

Post by anonbeat »

I will try take a look at this once Im done with lyrics. Looking at your output looks like you used {bp} which is not right. AFAIK you need to pass the track path and not the folder

Thanks for your help
rickstone

Replaygain Tagging

Post by rickstone »

Ah, cool. Also, I have tried every possible option, both with {bp} and {tp}. Ideally I would love to be able to call the script from my original post, since that takes a number of different formats into account. But, no hurry.

Thanks!
etique57

Replaygain Tagging

Post by etique57 »

hi, any news on this topic?

Cheers!