Hotkeys

ludjer

Hotkeys

Post by ludjer »

It would be awesome to be able to control your music from your keyboards stop/pause/play/next/previous buttons or even customizable buttons while you browsing the INTERNET or something, not just hotkeys that can be used while screen is active but that can be used while running any peace of software so global hotkeys
camaron

Hotkeys

Post by camaron »

ludjer wrote:It would be awesome to be able to control your music from your keyboards stop/pause/play/next/previous buttons or even customizable buttons while you browsing the INTERNET or something, not just hotkeys that can be used while screen is active but that can be used while running any peace of software so global hotkeys
You can already at least from Ubuntu

You may have to customize some from System>Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts I I jump tracks forward and backward, increase/decrease volume pause/play all from the keyboard...
ludjer

Hotkeys

Post by ludjer »

i am running kubuntu ill see if i can figure something out
ludjer

Hotkeys

Post by ludjer »

it only allows me to select Amarok, i dont see any way to configure guayadeque :(
camaron

Hotkeys

Post by camaron »

ludjer wrote:it only allows me to select Amarok, i dont see any way to configure guayadeque :(
I don't know about kubuntu. In ubuntu this is done -i belive- through pulseaudio. The keys are generic. no particular to a player. So ctr+ up/down arrows will change the volume of the computer, not guayadeque. It is not 100% what you are saying but in practice it works pretty much the same.

But I have to confess I don't have a clue about KDE
ludjer

Hotkeys

Post by ludjer »

well ill play around see what i can get if any1 has some information then please post here
thanks alot
anonbeat

Hotkeys

Post by anonbeat »

Guayadeque have multimedia key support and should respond automatically to multimedia keys play/pause, next,prev, etc
Volume is handled by distro main volume thought.
ludjer

Hotkeys

Post by ludjer »

i am going to try and reset all global hotkeys and try again will get back to you guys thanks and this really is a awesome program
fksquad

Hotkeys

Post by fksquad »

Guayadeque is great. I'll try to set up hotkeys as described, but i'll miss the ones for toggling repeat-modes and shuffle the playlist. I don't know how complicated an implementation would be, but I'd appreciate it.

best regards from nrw/germany,
fksquad
anonbeat

Hotkeys

Post by anonbeat »

fksquad wrote:Guayadeque is great. I'll try to set up hotkeys as described, but i'll miss the ones for toggling repeat-modes and shuffle the playlist. I don't know how complicated an implementation would be, but I'd appreciate it.

best regards from nrw/germany,
fksquad
Its a feature planned for the near future.

Thanks for your help