Automatic disable fade for specific albums

mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Hi All!

What do you think about making guayadeque ignore the fade effect (even if enabled) for specific albums?
In the fade preferences there could be a panel that list albums for which ignore the fade and where user can add albums.
Albums could be added through an option in the context menu of albums too.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I thought some time ago something similar allowing to define by albums the play mode (gapless or crossfading) but then I realized I will need to know if the user is playing the whole album or tracks from that album when playing mixed tracks for example.
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

You are right!!! I didn't think about this!

Ok maybe you could add a voice in the menu uf of the icon in the notification area as you did for smart mode?
camaron

Post by camaron »

I've been thinking about something like this for a while but in other terms; crossfading and gapless could be made to associate with:
a- artists
b-genres
c-playlists
I think playlists would probably be the least problematic and what anonbeat comments shouldn't be a problem: guayadeque wouln't have to know it you intend to play the whole playlist as it would be irrelevant.

Something like this would be a very nice thing in Guayadeque :)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Maybe a litle icon in the status bar like the one for the audioscrobble that switch play mode from gapless to current crosfader settings ? or even more far allow to have different crossfading settings and cicle selecting them ?
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

anonbeat wrote:Maybe a litle icon in the status bar like the one for the audioscrobble that switch play mode from gapless to current crosfader settings ?
This sounds great, but since I usually open guayadeque on a specific desktop where I do all the stuff related tu mp3s, it would more useful for me to have that option in the notification-area icon too.

anonbeat wrote: or even more far allow to have different crossfading settings and cicle selecting them ?
What do you mean?
camaron

Post by camaron »

The ability to have different settings would be awesome. I personally would prefer the icon in the player as I don't use the status bar but this is obviously only a personal preference.
paurullan

Post by paurullan »

What about doing gapless within the same album and consecutive tracks? When you play the piece you can know for sure which one would be in the original and full album.

(Dark Side of the Moon, I am thinking of you)
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1797?viewlocale=en_US

... even if audio crossfade is enabled, audio tracks will still play gaplessly if all three of the following conditions are met:

Tracks are marked with the "Part of a gapless album" option
Track numbers are sequential
Album name is identical

I think that the "Part of a gapless album" option is translated to a tag in the file. Maybe guayadeque could make use of that tag too?
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

This seems a perfect solution!
tamalet wrote:From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1797?viewlocale=en_US

... even if audio crossfade is enabled, audio tracks will still play gaplessly if all three of the following conditions are met:

Tracks are marked with the "Part of a gapless album" option
Track numbers are sequential
Album name is identical

I think that the "Part of a gapless album" option is translated to a tag in the file. Maybe guayadeque could make use of that tag too?