Allow multiple selection in playlists

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

In recent svn update added the posibility to select multiple playlists in the playlist panel.
Please test it and let me know anythign wrong with it.

Thanks
camaron

Post by camaron »

Will then be possible to add multiple playlists as multiple filteres?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you explain this please?
camaron

Post by camaron »

Allow and Deny filters are playlists. So far It was only possible to choose one Allow and one Deny filter to define the SmartMode. Will then be possible to choose multiple Allow and Deny filters? I've been thinking for quite a while that such a feature would be really good.
camaron

Post by camaron »

In fact just as an example:
I tend to use an Allow filter such a Jazz and then usually Last Played Songs as the Deny filter. It would be fantastic to be able to choose Jazz and Soul as allow filters and then again Last Played Songs as Deny filter
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Why not have a playlist with name Allow filter where you edit the criteria with Genre = Jazz and Genre = Soul and click in the select on any condition ?
camaron

Post by camaron »

I'm not completely sure what you mean but I think is this:
I could just create a playlist with both genres is that right? That would be true indeed, but I have about 20+ labels and 20+ genres in my library (and growing...). To create a playlist with any possible combination would be impossible (and not desirable)

I've been thinking about this for a while: to me the perfect and most powerful set up would be this:

1-You can choose multiple Allow filters and add them as A + B (all jazz and all soul) or in this way (not sure how to call this, it is the picture where two circles overlap a bit) A=Opera (Label) B=Baroque (genre) so A + B (Baroque Opera).
2-Then you If you can have more than one deny filter: Last played songs, fewer than 3 stars rating.

I'm aware that no everyone would find this useful but I believe it would be a very powerful feature. Maybe is just me, I use filters/smart mode a lot and I really love them. I think they could be even better :)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Im not saying that you have any possible combination already made... that will be tons of playlists. What I said is that you can have one playlists for example to name Allow that you change the settings with the criteria you want.

Having multiple playlists will have an impact in performance. See that everytime the smart mode need to check and this about 2 or 3 tracks you will need to be filtering the tracks by two filters if you have allow and deny set. This is worst for people with quite slow machines.
camaron

Post by camaron »

I see your point on performance, I thought about that possibility too.
As for the "temporary" playlist, I'd never thought about it. I;ll give it a shot.
Cheer.