Drag'n'Drop Support for Labels; Add labels to Items

fksquad

Post by fksquad »

Labels are a powerful feature. If you use them extensively, you might want to set labels in a more direct way than right-click, select "edit labels", select, hit OK.

My proposals to increase the usability of labels:

1st (more important)
Add drag'n'drop support for Labels in the Library-View. If you drag a track-item or a selection of them onto a label, guayadeque performs foreach item:

If the label is not associated to the item: add the label to the item
If the label already associated to the item: remove the label from the item

This way you could quickly change labels of single items or selections of multiple ones.

2nd
In the "Edit Labels"-Dialogue the "copy the labels to all the items" overwrites already assigned labels. An extra "Add/Append Labels to all the items" button would save the time checking all other items for existing labels.

best regards from nrw/germany,
fksquad
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thank you for your suggestion. I will consider to add that features once finish the iPod implementation
camaron

Post by camaron »

fksquad wrote:Labels are a powerful feature. If you use them extensively, you might want to set labels in a more direct way than right-click, select "edit labels", select, hit OK.

My proposals to increase the usability of labels:

1st (more important)
Add drag'n'drop support for Labels in the Library-View. If you drag a track-item or a selection of them onto a label, guayadeque performs foreach item:

If the label is not associated to the item: add the label to the item
If the label already associated to the item: remove the label from the item

This way you could quickly change labels of single items or selections of multiple ones.

2nd
In the "Edit Labels"-Dialogue the "copy the labels to all the items" overwrites already assigned labels. An extra "Add/Append Labels to all the items" button would save the time checking all other items for existing labels.

best regards from nrw/germany,
fksquad
These two features would be most welcome indeed :)
camaron

Post by camaron »

oops.. !
pedrovgp

Post by pedrovgp »

I agree. Append/Add labels without deleting the ones the different files already have is fundamental.
If I have an Album with half of the songs tagged as Cool and the other half as Sucks and I want to tag all of them with Partysong, there's no way to do that at once, without tagging all as Cool or as Sucks.