Page 1 of 1
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:41 am
First of all, finally a player that suits me. Thanks a million to the devteam and community! Great job!
I manage a big library of mp3 and Flac. And There are some features I would love to see included.
1. Smartlists: Auto-generate playlists with only missing album tag or missing cover,etc
2. Organize multi-cd albums under one album, there are at least 2 cd's but it's stll the same album.
3. Rename files according to tags and tag according to filenames
4. Fill in track # automatically according to order
5. Multiple artists in artist tag (seperated with ";" ) and main artist in album artist tag. For example
artist: Bob Dylan;Rolling Stones
album artist : Rolling Stones
Bob Dylan;Rolling Stones will be indexed as 2 seperate artists, for now its indexed as one artist Bob Dylan;Rolling Stones
6. Multiple genres sepearated also with ";"
That's all folks
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:06 am
1. I'm not into playlists so nothing to say.
2. That's how it is already if I understand what you are asking. Look at my screenshot, Nightclubbing is 2xCD album and it is listed just once as one but you can see at the bottom that all songs are listed but also there's column disc# with 1/2 and 2/2. You just have to name "album" on both discs the same. So, all songs are on Nightclubbing but some are on disc 1/2 and others on 2/2 but that is separate field. If you mark disc number in album tag field than it obviously won't work.
5, Also can be seen on my screenshot, you have columns for artist and album artist. And separate fields for both in editor. And in EasyTag.
6. I'm not sure what do you mean. How can one song have multiple genre tag? Unless you enter that yourself. And in that case, that works. When you are inside editor just enter "pop;rock" or whatever and that will do.
For 3 and 4, try EasyTag, it is way more powerful editor than built in one. I use that one for all my tagging needs.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:03 am
Thanks for the response
As for 2. This doesn't seem to work for me see screenshot. Album and artist and album artist are the same (Pink FLoyd - The Wall) and the disc number is filled in (1/2 and 2/2)
3 : I will try easytag Thanks!
4. No need for easytag I found the option in "edit song"
5. Example : "We are the world" (hate this song) we can say the album artist is Michael Jackson but there is not one artist but lots of artists that I would like to put in the artist tagfield and that they don't get indexed as Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, etc
But that if I select Lionel Richie the songs shows and if I select any of the others the song also shows.
I hope I made myself clear.
6. You have this stupid genre name "World Music" that mostly indicate music that is not western. So instead of using the tag World Music I use Dessert Blues or Bambarra but not everybody is familiar with these terms so putting several genres that show up in the panes seperately makes it easier for others than me to find a particular song.
Genres is very specific one can say it's metal and another might say it's hard-rock or deathmetal.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:05 am
2. No screenshot from you. But that works since the begining. One other thing that can break this is that you have two folders, one for disc1 and other for disc2. In that case you'll see two identical albums. You must have all songs in one folder. And if you want to know which one is from which disc just name the file something like CD1 01.... I keep my folders like that.
5. I think that you want the opposite of what tagging is for.
And AFAIK, you can't do that. What you can do is put all the artist as comment. Or put various so it won't be indexed under Lionel or any other artist, just Michael Jackson.
6. So just put "World Music, Desert Blues" and "World Music, Bambarra". And you'll get what you don't want in #5 but it would be good for you because songs would be indexed as "Bambarra" or "Desert Blues" and I would find the same songs under "World Music".
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:15 am
Ok sorry for the screenshot I forgot, but thanks for the advise with the folder management I have indeed seperated the songs within their repective cd (cd1, cd2)
Thanks alot now I just need to organise those
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:34 am
And for that you can use EasyTag. Just create some pattern that suits you and you can rename all files inside folder at once. And then just transfer them to the same folder.