Copy to option for sync

phimath

Copy to option for sync

Post by phimath »

I would like to be able to sync with a directory similarly to copy to. So that if the file exists, it will skip it, if it doesnt it will copy it and if it does it will update it if the other copy is older (newer tags exist in source). Also i'd love to be able for this operation to go both ways, so that if I update the tags on a track in a folder, when I synced with that folder guayadeque would see that those tags were newer and then copy that file over the one in my local library.
mcgruntman

Copy to option for sync

Post by mcgruntman »

I'd like to second this request - to be able to "copy/move to" both over the top of existing library files, just updating tags and such, and and over non-library files.

Additionally (what I came to request) it would be nice if there was an option for symbolic links when copying.
My use case is that I have a guayadeque autoplaylist I use to populate my smartphone with music, and the best way I've found to do that is to copy them to a separate folder from my library, then keep that folder in sync with my phone over wifi (I use btsync). Symbolic links would save space and speed the process up.
mekanix

Copy to option for sync

Post by mekanix »

mcgruntman you can add a custom command to do this!

I have the very same need, but with google play music! I create a folder and told google music manager to sync its content, then in guayadeque I inserted this command

command: ln -s {bp} [folder path]
name: Upload to Google Music

{bp} means "path of the album folder" because I want to sync the whole album.
If you want to sync single tracks, you can substitute {bp} with {tp}

Once you have add this command, right click on an album (if you use {bp}) or a song ({tp}) and you can find the command you defined in the commands menu.

Hope this helps!
BongoTheBozo

Copy to option for sync

Post by BongoTheBozo »

It sounds like that means you still have to sync every folder individually, or can it do it recursively and sync your entire library?
mekanix

Copy to option for sync

Post by mekanix »

BongoTheBozo wrote:It sounds like that means you still have to sync every folder individually, or can it do it recursively and sync your entire library?

With the method I suggested you sync only the album you select.

I don't understand exactly what you want to do.... can you explain it better?