Multiple Genres, Original Year, and Stop after this track

trollomat

Post by trollomat »

I just switched to Guayadeque and I love it, so first of all: thank you for making this great player.

I have a couple of feature requests, however, hoping that development is still active as the last posts in this forum are from December?

So, I have my audio files tagged with multiple genres by Musicbrainz Picard and it seems Guayadeque doesn't support this. Instead it combines all the genres in a single tag like "Electronica; Ambient; Idm, Experimental" which is of course impractical. It could be that I just haven't found the right separator to set in Picard, but I pretty much tried all sane possibilities. So, it would be nice to have some support for this and maybe even the "Grouping" tag that Picard uses as well, though I wasn't able to find out how that corresponds with the official ID3v2.4 specification.

Then, I have some re-releases that I would prefer to be sorted and filtered by their original release year which is implemented in ID3v2.4 with TDOR, support for this would also be great.

Last thing on my wish list is a button, or context menu entry like "Stop playing after this track", which should be pretty self-explanatory.

Thanks for your time. ;)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Guayadeque doesnt support multiple genre tags. You can use lables for this.

Stop playing after this track is already implemented and you can configure the shortcut in the preferences but the default key is Ctrl-Shift-Space if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your help
trollomat

Post by trollomat »

Ah, that was a fast response. :)

Thanks for the shortcuts tip - I didn't get acquainted with those yet - so that one's done.

Labels... that would mean I'd have to label my rather huge collection manually, wouldn't it? I fear that's not likely going to happen... hmm perhaps a function to import labels from other tags?

What about the original release year?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Year is supported by library sorting, panel selecting and dynamic playlists

Thanks for your help
Kalantir

Post by Kalantir »

Is there any plans to add multiple genre support? I've done a little bit of research and found that you are using id3v2.4. Is that correct? It is my understanding that id3v2.4 supports multiple genres when separated by a null character. This feature reportedly works in mpd. It'd be nice to see it in Guayadeque as well.

I understand the label feature and use it also. I just prefer for labels to cover broader categories than genres such as "female vocals", "instrumental", "chill", "heavy beat", etc...