being able to customize the player controls

camaron

Post by camaron »

Hi camaron, what did you do to have this layout (attached file of your last comment), i.e. with the My Music tab UNDER the playing block?
You probably need to show captions in order to be able to move things around. Have a look at the video:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0yzPhx ... sp=sharing
galanga

Post by galanga »

Yeeeaaahh!!!! Big thanks! It works now.
Maybe I dreamed but in Default = French locale, the menu item was not working, until I switched to English: it is named "Vérouiller/Déverouiller les panneaux" (Lock/Unlock the panels) and it was already checked, and clicking on it was changing the checkbox but nothing was changing in the layout (the small label area above the "playing" block was never visible).
Thus I switched to English in the settings of Guayadeque, and I saw the menu item now named "Show captions" and then it worked by clicking on it. I switched back to Default locale and from now, it works also in French (but the label is not very clear in French as you do not know when it is checked if this means "Locked" or "Unlocked").
Thank you very must for your great support!
EDIT: I just noticed that the "Filter" menu item was checked while the Filter panel wasn't shown, so apparently there is really a problem in default state of the checkboxes compared to the real state of the panels.
camaron

Post by camaron »

Yes, you are right. There seems to be some minor bug that shows items as ticked when they are not present. I had actually only noticed it with Show Captions but it may be more general.

By the way, just in case you've not noticed: Guayadeque allows you to save (and so use) different layouts, which can come pretty handy at times.

Cheers
kinggo

Post by kinggo »

Yes, I can confirm that bug.
kinggo

Post by kinggo »

Is it possible to have player and playlist side by side? Like in camaron screenshot but make player half size and playlist next to it.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

camaron

Post by camaron »

kinggo wrote:Is it possible to have player and playlist side by side? Like in camaron screenshot but make player half size and playlist next to it.
I prefer the vertical option:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0yzPhx ... sp=sharing

I use this some times, when I'm just using Smart Play. And it opens pretty much instantly.
kinggo

Post by kinggo »

anonbeat wrote:Like this screenshot ?
http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/gua ... itemId=144
yes. I can't (or don't know how to) resize player and playlist horizontaly.

edit: OK, I figured it out. I can't resize one element and then put the other next to it. The way to do it is to drop the second element on top of the first one and then the first one gets automatically resized but after that I am able to resize them horizontally to my liking.
This player is full of easter eggs :)

@ camaron: well, I would also prefer that, but with 1366 pixels I don't have enough space to see all info in player and all I want to see in My Music. And since playlist height isn't that much important I would like to try the other way.
galanga

Post by galanga »

camaron wrote:By the way, just in case you've not noticed: Guayadeque allows you to save (and so use) different layouts, which can come pretty handy at times.
Yes thanks, I was saving the various attempts with this feature since the beginning.

There is another interesting layout that I am unable to reach, it's this one:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/gua ... _itemId=66

I can't put the Vumetre (or the Filters panels) UNDER and at the same length than the playing block, like it is in this screenshot; the Vumetre either stretches horizontally on whole length of the window or vertically on full height of the playing list.
I figured out to play directly with the saved layouts files but the format is not easy to understand (it's XML but the fields are not clear, for example the "dir=1 or 4" value).
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

There was a change with version 0.3.5. Before that version the central panel of the window was the player controls because it was the only elements that could not be hidden. But this made to behave weird when resizing the window.
With 0.3.5 I decided to change the central panel for the element that have the different collections, last.fm panel, lyrics, etc
This made the resizing behavior to be what you expected but made some layouts more difficult to do.