show tracks in incremental track number order

deva1984

Post by deva1984 »

Currently there is only one primary sortation to choose. Normally I set tracks in order of years or albums, which makes tracks in one album random everytime I started guayadeque (ok, maybe not everytime). Then I've had to sort tracks in track numbers, and then back to in years to make them orderly. Would you please to make a secondery sortation and/or a built-in secondery default as in numbers?
siddharthasahu

Post by siddharthasahu »

That will actually be a very useful and needed feature, the ability to sort my library for example by ratings and then album and track no.
rototo

Post by rototo »

also, equally annoying, you can't open a folder from file manager without having tracks displayed in totally random order. both for files & subfolders.
can't we have a "logical" mode instead, ie having tracks sorted alphabetically when folders are added ? so albums are played in their track order ?
rototo

Post by rototo »

I mean, don't get me wrong, Guayadeque is damn great and I'm glad for it, but right now, we mostly have to use 2 different players , Guayadeque for our library stuff, and something more basic-but-logic a la audacious if we wanna give a first listen to fresh arrivals for example, before being eventually added in our main library.

It'd so much better to be able to play everything (...and in the right order) from Guayadeque ^^
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

@rototo :
I do it quite diferently. I have two collections. One is for the new additions where I put my new arrivals. I update that collection. I have a dynamic playlist in which shows the last added tracks. I listen the tracks and when I have something I want to add to my main Collection I use a Copy To option to copy the tracks and put them in the right place using the Copy To rules.

Guayadeque loads the tracks in the order its received from the operating system
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

deva1984 wrote:Currently there is only one primary sortation to choose. Normally I set tracks in order of years or albums, which makes tracks in one album random everytime I started guayadeque (ok, maybe not everytime). Then I've had to sort tracks in track numbers, and then back to in years to make them orderly. Would you please to make a secondery sortation and/or a built-in secondery default as in numbers?
Where exactly do you miss order option ?
rototo

Post by rototo »

@anonbeat : I understand.
What I'd like to know is if you can do something for Guayadeque to automatically sort the tracks by alphabetical order once received from operating system, just before displaying them, so they're played in the same order as original discs by default, which makes more sense :)
of course I'm not in position to demand anything, it's a suggestion for future updates, it just seems to me it's quite lacking in a player that otherwise behaves so efficiently ^^

thanks