Request: Ability to set left/right channel amount in equaliz

l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Basically I was wondering if it is possible to have the output of left/right as a field in the EQ so I could choose how much power for example to give to which channel.

Sort of like setting left/right under output devices in pulse audio volume control only this would make it constant and only set the left/right ammount for Guayadeque, and as I said, it would be constant this way. Setting it in pulse is temporary.

Does this make sense?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

So it seems sometimes using the gnome-control-center sound application to choose left/right, it will save the setting on reboot. Some times it will not. This I can probably find/report a bug for. But I was still wondering if the original question of Guayas eq having a similair feature might be possible?

Or, perhaps does someone know of a script of some kind for pulse that can force it to set a predefined level for left/right?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes That can be possible and I can implement it the next time I do changes in the equalizer.

Thanks for your help
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

That will be awesome when the time comes.

Since you might be doing changes to it I wanted to point out something else I noticed: When you start Guayadeque it loads the correct eq preset/custom preset, but it doesn't seem to load it correctly, it works as it should but it doesn't show the correct values at the top, it just shows like 0.0 all the way across. This is only visual and it can be corrected by switching to whatever preset it was again, it only takes about one click and wont really hurt anyone who plans on switching presets anyways.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thanks for your bug report. I will try to fix it asap.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Hi I see you have fixed the visual bug I mentioned, and I wanted to point out another thing, which is that it technically should show the preset that is loaded when you open the eq. So I would know which one is already being used.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I was just thinking another thing that might be a nice addition is the ability to remove presets and not just save over them. Perhaps this is possible somehow an I missed it?

At any rate, in certain circumstances it would be nice to have only a few presets. Perhaps it would even be possible in the future to have an ability like how we used to be able to share layouts, to also share presets i.e just save them to an xml and be able to choose different xmls which would load up a set of presets?

Gratz.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Bumping this. Has any work to the eq been done to allow for the other changes?