Words to detect covers, Smart Mode: improvements.

anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Now when you add a new collection the words to detect covers from the default collection (the first) will be added.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Now in svn revision 1761 covers update process uses the order defined in the word list.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Great job as usual anonbeat!
gobater

Post by gobater »

+1
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

@anonbeat: Thanks! I updated and tested and it is much more logical this way, imo. The only thing I think would be nice to top it off is what tamalet mentioned about having the option to search for exact word matching for covers or not, but that would have to be optional.

I understand how smart mode works now, but I do have some problems with it like how it randomly doesn't add new tracks sometimes, and it stops playing after the last track. Or sometimes I expect it to add a whole album and it only adds the number of tracks I have specified, but other times it WILL add a whole album. So smart mode has some issues.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

It must be that you have the option add a random album when playlist is empty enabled ?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

That option does not work with smart play?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

That is when there is nothing more to play only.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I'm not sure I understand. The whole reason for my using Smart Play with Random Album is so it adds a whole album when the playlist is empty or below the set amount of tracks. As it is now this seldom happens and the playlist will be empty, and it will stop after the last playing song. I will disable random album and try to figure it out?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Smart mode adds tracks bassed in the current track playing following the allow and deny filters and the limitations you set in the Preferences -> Playback to dont repeat tracks or artists

Random Mode add random tracks or a random album when the playlist is empty.
Its two different things that can be combined.

Guayadeque is very flexible in how you want the playback going. You can even insert a track or group of tracks into playlist to be played next, after the current artist or after the current album.