Words to detect covers, Smart Mode: improvements.

anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

l300lvl wrote:Okay, well, I spent the last several days testing, changing options back and forth, adding more music, and more.... I even removed Guaya and reinstalled, redownloaded the svn etc, and 9 times out of 10 it will either:
a. enable smart mode by default, when I Know it was disabled when I last closed. I checked for crasing and that isnt the problem.
b. smart mode just doesn't work
c. random mode will work for a while and then stop working, it may add a few albums, and then it will stop and the music will cease.
d. the same goes for smart play if by some freak occurence it does start working, and both combined.

So the results are I can't get smart play or random or both to work, hardly ever. I tried testing by e.g disabling both and then enabling random only or disabling random and reenabling it, and I've changed just about every combination of settings in preferences numerous times. For now all I can do is use a playlist, which I hate, or just add my music manually, which is what I'm stuck with.
What allow and deny filters do you have selected ?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

None. By default it shows View> Player Filters as checked, but I don't actually see the box. When I uncheck it and select it again it finally shows, and everything is grayed out.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

if its grayed out its because you have repeat enabled maybe ?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

No. Repeat shows as disabled, and I never use it, nor do I use filters. I was able to get the filters to show up normally by enabling and disabling repeat though, which then disabled smart play, but when I reenabled smart play, the filters remained ungrayed. At any rate, no filters are selected.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

That dont makes sense! if filters Allow and Deny are grayed out means repeat is on.
Can you send me your config ~/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf file to my email please ?

Thanks for your help
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Sent from my account email. Sorry for the wait. I do notice one thing, that it hasn't been restoring my current playlist.

Edit: Right after I emailed you I reopened and noticed smart mode was working again, so I closed and reopened and it also restored my playlist this time. I don't know how long it will last, but perhaps enabling and disabling smart mode and repeat solved this??
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I checked your configuration and everything looks normal in it. Cant understand why you have the filters disabled or why smart mode + add random tracks dont add tracks
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Well it has been now ever since I enabled repeat and disabled repeat. 2 notes:

1. by default under View>Player Filters, this is always checked wether it is showing or not. To actually show it I have to uncheck and check again.
2. When I start the player it shows what looks like a corrupted splash screen. It comes up as a small box and dissapears very fast, I then hear a song start to play and cut off instantly, so resume isn't working correctly for some reason. Sometimes it does, and those times I don't see that little box. Perhaps it's a gstreamer bug?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I just noticed this one, and perhaps you left it out on purpose, but I think the 'Stop at end' function should be available from the playlist itself and not only from Controls or by using a hotkey. Sort of like the Set as next track function, it just makes more sense from the playlist right click menu.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Going back to the topic of cover detection, could it be made such that if you if you specify the extension, i.e. "cover.jpg" then it will look for an exact match?
That way you don't have to clutter the interface and it may even make the search faster (although it may not be easy to discover).