Words to detect covers, Smart Mode: improvements.

l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Just thought of a couple other things, and I should probably start posting these on idea torrent so maybe something an become of them, anyways:

1. The right click entry I mentioned before, on the now pllaying list. It should have the option to 'Stop at end' but this could also be a valuable 'player control' button.

2. There should be a right click entry to 'go to album in album browser' which would open the new Album View for the specific album, e.g the view you get when you click an album in album view.

3. I really like the new album view. I was wondering if it's possible to maybe show all albums by the album artist or artist of the current album displayed. Basically, the ability to show multiple albums in this new Album View?

4. When the 'Sources' tab is open perhaps it can detect that and remove the seperate 'Sources' tabs on the top, since only one method is needed. Or perhaps just an option to hide the tabs?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

1.- there is a shortcut for that. I think there is no need for a menu entry.

2.- That is defined I think. Maybe guayadeque must be smart to see if library is selected go to library but if album browser is selected go to it.

3.- I plan to convert the album view to something more generic where you can navigate all your library thought this big covers. Also thought that may be interesting what you says basically. A way to move to next and previous album from that view itself.

4.- Im sorry but I dont get what you mean.

Thank you for your help
julioneander

Post by julioneander »

Hi

I would be really nice if Guayadeque detected covers also by the name of the album itself (just like Winamp works).

For example:
If I have more than one album in a specific directory, I can name the cover files to match exactly the name of their respective albums (except for the extension), and everything should be just fine.

This is a great feature and I didn't find a way of doing this with Guayadeque. Am I missing something?

This player is great!
Thanks.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

anonbeat wrote:1.- there is a shortcut for that. I think there is no need for a menu entry.

2.- That is defined I think. Maybe guayadeque must be smart to see if library is selected go to library but if album browser is selected go to it.

3.- I plan to convert the album view to something more generic where you can navigate all your library thought this big covers. Also thought that may be interesting what you says basically. A way to move to next and previous album from that view itself.

4.- Im sorry but I dont get what you mean.

Thank you for your help
1. In my eyes I see it as being useful when for instance I'm in a rush and want to leave shortly or want to listen to that last song as I take off. If I'm in too much of a rush I may not remember the shortcut, but I understand if it may 'clutter' things, I just think it has uses beyond just being a shortcut.

2. Yes. It is defined to go to the album, but not the album view mode of that album. For instance, if album view is open and you right click the track and choose Select>Album, it will go back to the library. There should be a Select>Album in Album View or Track in Album View etc

3 That sounds great, that will be very nice to see. Being able to skip to the next album or play multiple albums in a row from album view= WIN, I'd give that 5 stars.

4. What I mean is, if you have View>Sources open, then the 'My Music/Lyrics/Podcast/File Browser etc TABS should be hidden at the top, or you should give the option to never show the tabs. Also, some people mentioned being able to have the tabs on the side instead of top, that is another option too. It would be kind of like 'hide captions' only hide tabs or tabs on left.