Words to detect covers, Smart Mode: improvements.

l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

This might be better in ideatorrent, but I'm new to how that works.

1. I think there should be an option to change what 'words to detect covers' are default, i.e choose which words would be set when you add a collection.

2. Change the default to have more words, e.g when you first install there are more than one word in the list. For instance:
cover
folder
albumart
front

I choose to use albumart so it searches the whole string.

2. I haven't tested but does it search for the covers based on the order of 'words to detect covers'?
This isn't obvious, but I put them in the above order, which is the order I believe it SHOULD search for the covers in, and if it does not, I think it should be an option, or set to search in the order they appear as default.

I put front as last because if for instance there isn't any of the other 3 than it will use anything containing front, which could perhaps be a disc image and not the actual cover image, as some of my collection contains entire album art collections.

I haven't tested for the search order, so please correct me if that is already implemented?
camaron

Post by camaron »

Yes, it is implemented, exactly the way you describe it. You tell guayadeque what words to look for and it will do it in order from up down.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

@camaron I'm not sure it's implemented like that. I think that the order is used only to pick the first option as the name that is used when saving a cover.

@l3000lvl I think that an option to set the default words to detect covers for new collections is not really necessary. You don't create collection that often. However, when you create a new collection it could take the words you have defined in your main collection as default, since you usually define the same words for all collections.

I have noticed another small problem. I usually have cover as the only word to detect covers. But I have an album by Placebo called Covers. For that album it usually takes the file Placebo - Covers - Back.jpg instead of cover.jpg. The problem is that it looks for the substring cover and it finds it in the first file. It would be better if I by default the match must be exact since most of the times the cover files are called cover.jpg, folder.jpg, albumart.jpg or front.jpg (or with other extension). And only if you really ask for it, look for substrings. This would make the search faster.
However, it is not such a big deal and it may be better to keep the interface simple.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

It may not be a huge deal, but I think there is room for improvement. Perhaps there is a way I can edit the source to at least define the default words?

I agree that it could just take words from the main collection, but it would also have to know which collection is considered main. Would that be collection number 1, is there something that says which collection was created first?
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

There is a My Music collection that is created by default, that is supposed to be your main collection.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

What if, i.e I removed it. What becomes my main? Would I need to re-add that name to have a main collection? I was thinking have a different collection for each Genre since my directory layout is Genre/Artist/Album/File, and I also have a collection I use strictly for newly added music so I can tag and organize everything better.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

You cannot delete the default collection.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The covers sorting is only used to know the name of the downloaded or extracted covers only.
I will try to improve the cover scanning witht he L300lvl idea as I think makes sense.

In the other hand the main collection is the first you have defined in preferences. If you move collections to top it will become main collection next time guayadeque starts.

I dont think have a collection for every genre makes sense as this will limit the smart mode playback very much for example.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

The part about smart mode I understand, but I still think smart mode should only use music from the collections that are shown and not any you don't have visible.

Are you also considering using the words from the first collection for the default words in a new colllection, or if not, can additional words be added in the source manually?
Where would I look for those words?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

l300lvl: I will add that functionality. I even thought it was already implemented as It was in my list of things but i missed it :(
I will add it asap

Smart mode only uses tracks from the track you are listenning right now. If you are listenning from a portable device drive it will use tracks from that device. If you are listenning from magnatune it will pick tracks from magnatune collection.
If are tracks from no collection it will pick from the default collection.