Sort collection by file creation date or touch "Added" field

Takkat

Post by Takkat »

It happened to me more than once that I had to rescan my library/collection - last time after updating to recent SVN 0.3.4-1692, before that on every OS upgrade and fresh install of Guayadeque. By doing so all information on the date when a music file was added gets entirely lost (e.g .my collection is now set to all files added on 2011/11/13). There is no way to find out what files have been added recently.

As I often browse my collection for recently added files it would be extremely helpful to have a feature that either allows sorting by file creation date or, even cooler to be able to optionally touch the collection "Added" data field with the file creation date for any or all music files on my drive. Browsing with the File Browser is not an option because of the so many directories and subdirectories my files are in.
rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

Have you considered the find command? (man find)

Also you could write a little skript that writes the files creation date as "added" into the sqlite db.
HTH
rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

I just understood, what you mean with File Browser.
Sorry, forget the find command.

The "added" date is saved in the songs_addedtime column of the songs table as an integer.
I already wrote a skript that moves multiple genres to labels accessing the db.
Next time i work on that, i could add the touch creation time.
Takkat

Post by Takkat »

Good to see some love for my suggestion. Yeah, finding files by creation date from the OS is not a problem. Nevertheless it would be cool to touch library "songs_addedtime" with these data (e.g. by a script - looking forward to it).
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Takkat wrote:It happened to me more than once that I had to rescan my library/collection - last time after updating to recent SVN 0.3.4-1692, before that on every OS upgrade and fresh install of Guayadeque. By doing so all information on the date when a music file was added gets entirely lost (e.g .my collection is now set to all files added on 2011/11/13). There is no way to find out what files have been added recently.

As I often browse my collection for recently added files it would be extremely helpful to have a feature that either allows sorting by file creation date or, even cooler to be able to optionally touch the collection "Added" data field with the file creation date for any or all music files on my drive. Browsing with the File Browser is not an option because of the so many directories and subdirectories my files are in.
I will try to set the added date to the file modified date. Indeed I think its a good idea.

Thank you very much for your help
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

This seems to be implemented in r1738
r1738 | anonbeat | 2012-01-11 04:48:46 -0300 (Wed, 11 Jan 2012) | 1 line
Use file date as added date when creating tracks

Should I mark http://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent ... /idea/107/ as implemented?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes that is implemented.
Takkat

Post by Takkat »

That really is the best birthday present for me today. Such great news!

Thank you for making Guayadeque better and even better again.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Happy birthday!
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

anonbeat wrote: I will try to set the added date to the file modified date. Indeed I think its a good idea.

Thank you very much for your help
Hi anonbeat I'm having some problem with this, all my files have import date between 60s and 70s :)
Is there anyone having such a problem?